- ; [ 031 ]

my mercenary enrollment x reader book is up! go read rn👹
══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

"My Lady!"

Ah, it's the same maid that had reported to you abou the tea party. She was rather adorable.

"Is something wrong?"

She bows to you, eyebrows furrowed in anger, "That woman's fake parents..the couple that Baron Lante bought are spouting lies!" She exclaims with seething frustration.

"They're saying the person who told them to act like the Mistress' parents was Lord Koshar!"

You choke on your spit, looking at her with wide eyes.

"Does the Empress know about this?"

"Yes, Her Majesty is on the way to the west tower right now."

"I see, thank you for letting me know."

Wasting no time to rush towards the prison cells, the maid tells you to be careful before rushing back to continue her duties.

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

By the you arrive in the west tower, Navier was already there, a scary look on her face as she asks questions that confuse the couple.

Even if they were backed into a corner, there would be no use in dragging Koshar's name down with them.

The audacity they have, trying to drag down one of the royal family members.

"What color is his hair?"

"It's blond." Their voice quivers, hesitant and fearfull.

"He has black hair." Your friend answers, an eyebrow raised as she eyes the couple. "Are you going to blame the poor light for this mistake too?"

"I..I couldn't see his hair properly because he was wearing a hat! but I think I remember it being black, now that I think back!" The mother insists, eyes meeting with yours before they fill with more fear.

"Were you listening, Dear Emperor?" You turn, seeing Sovieshu you expected. "They've never even seen my Lord."

"They're saying all that because the Empress threatened them." He combats, posture confident.

"Are you saying I threatened them?"

"That's right. You said his eye and hair color wrong..so they went with what you said because you're the Empress."

The couple looks down in obvious guilt as you click your tongue at them.
Using a royal family member's name to escape from prison is a sin that will only make their burdens heavier.

"Lord Koshar has red eyes and hair. Are you saying that they went with what her Majesty said because she lied?" you hum, shifting your weight to one leg and crossing your arms.

"That's right your Majesty! We lied because we were scared! Lord Koshar has red hair and red eyes!"

You and Navier stare at the Emperor, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips bitten raw in frustration.

"If you insist apples are blue and oranges are purple, most people will have little choice but to agree with you because you are the Empress." He argues back.

There's silence before Navier turns her heels to leave.

It's obvious that no matter how many times she'd prove her brother's innocence, her husband would not care.

You follow her, ignoring as Sovieshu calls out for the both of you.

( after a day. )

"Hey kids!" Waving towards the group of younglings, a smile forms on your lips at the sight of their excited eyes meeting yours.

"Sister! What brings you to the edge of the city today?" One if the older kids greet you, placing down the dirtied shovel he held before clapping off the dirt from his hands.

"This place doesn't have that much crows right?" You hum, looking around as you rest both hands on your hips.

"Yup! It's weird, but crows do tend to avoid this small town." He answers, motioning to the trees.

hmm, the laundry lines and the wind chimes of the trees are probably the cause of the crow's avoidance.

"Alright, you guys go back to what you were doing. I'll just go sight seeing a bit." You hum, walking towards the large meadow.

This town was perfect for watching magpies. Located at the edge of the forest and it's on a large area of grass lands.

In addition, there's also a lot of animal fat in the houses, so that would mean magpies would visit to steal a bit of suet.

"I'll just borrow a two or three magpies and return them after the announcement of the divorce." You hum to yourself, bringing out a block or suet from your bag.

Within just a few minutes, flocks of magpies come flying your way, landing on the ground to eat away at the animal fat you've placed down.

Carefully moving and staying silent, you wait for the right moment to quickly catch two of the birds in a bag.

They squirm and flail around, chirping and signalling for help. Trying to subdue them, you quickly run to the exit of the town before anyone sees you kidnapping magpie birds.

Magpies may symbolize deceit and theives in the west, they symbolize something else, here in Wol.

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

"Marquess Farang isn't here?" You stand, confused at the servants words.

"I'm afraid so, Lady ( y/n ). He said he went to visit a friend and did not specify the place he'd be going to." He bows apologetically.

You shake your head, "No, it's alright. It's not urgent anyway. But did he not leave any letter for me to read before his departure?"

"No." The servant shakes his head.

You nod, placing a hand to your chin. He wasn't a man with many businesses to manage, nor was there any other friends he was that close with. (atleast that was what you knew.)

So that would mean he went to visit Koshar.

How did he know of his location? You'd originally thought the blond was out and about, roaming from inn to inn.

"Ah, if it's any importance to you, Lady Artina was here just a few moments ago and asked for the Marquess as well, saying she had a letter from the Empress."

It must be for Heinley!

"Did she say it was urgent to deliver the letter?"

"Yes, My Lady."

That means the divorce is going to be announced very soon.

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

Not Proofread.