⁰⁷sprint

MAY
CHAPTER SEVEN
"sprint"

─────────────────

─i definitely recommend
listening to
sprint by shissou
(eng vers.)

while reading this

─────────────────

"maybe she's still in her club room." akaashi proposed, causing a light bulb to turn on in bokuto'sees head. "she wouldn't cancel your study session without telling you."

the third year placed a hand on his chin, before agreeing. "you're right! y/n-chan isn't that cruel. she's probably still there!" then an idea popped in his head. "c'mon akaashi! let's go to her!"

used to his antics, he let him drag his body as bokuto began running towards the school building. "wouldn't you want to wait for her out here?"

bokuto shook his head. "it's okay! i want to see her playing as well!"

normally if it was just bokuto who needed the tutoring, the second year would've been making his way home, but midterm exams were coming up, and he wasn't the best in english. so courtesy of y/n, she said that he could join in during her tutoring sessions with bokuto. he denied at first, not wanting to be a bother, but as y/n insisted, he gave in. 

so now, the two boys were running (well bokuto was running, akaashi was only running cause the older boy was dragging him) towards the music club's room on the third floor of their main building.

upon coming across the room, bokuto was about to barge in until akaashi stopped him. "they're practicing." akaashi told him.

bokuto looked at him in confusion. "how can you tell?"

he then placed his pointer finger on his lips, as if saying to be quiet. "listen." as he did, he could hear faint music playing from the door behind them. "the room is sound proof, but they're still loud enough to go through the walls."

so, akaashi took the lead, trying to open door as quietly as he could, bokuto following behind him. the sound of music intensified upon entering the room. both of the volleyball player's eyes widened in astonishment as the music entered their ears.

the way that these musicians handled the instrument that they played, or even just how the singers sang the lyrics of the song, it wasn't cringey or bad in any sort of way, it was... astounding.

then their eyes made its way towards the drummer in the middle back, who seemed to stand out. she wasn't doing anything special, as she was simply playing the drums, like the how the rest of the rest of the band members were doing what they were supposed to. maybe it was how she skillfully played the instrument, or how nonchalant she looked despite how her hands were moving fast, the two boys were still dazed.

bokuto managed to recognise the song to be sprint by shissou, a song that he knew y/n continuously listened to. he'd heard it from one of their tutoring sessions before and he had to admit that it was a good song.

normally, he had always seen the girl in a tired mood. despite the fact that she would always be smiling at him, or even keep up with how crazy he is, he could see that she had a tired demeanor. he thought, that maybe if could be crazy around her and share that craziness, she would be able to be more awake. it worked, but only partly, which he was still glad about. he never questioned why she always looked tired, or why she had dark eyebags, because he knew that it was simply none of his business. though he may seem like the type of people's boundaries, he wasn't. he knew how to respect their privacy, and he was going to respect y/n's.

however, as he watched her on that small stage playing the drums, he couldn't help but notice that she looked more alive. awake. the open-mouthed smiles that graced her face as she listened to how the song was going along well, that everyone was in tune with each other. if you could see it, you would be able to notice the vivid and zestful aura circling her. he liked seeing her like that.

as the song came to an end, bokuto immediately applauded and cheered for the group - startling them. akaashi did the same thing, though in a more calm manner. "that was amazing!!!"

"since when did you guys get in here?" y/n mumbled, voicing out the question that everyone currently had in their minds. 

"practice finished! we came up here to get you cause you weren't at our meeting spot!!" the grey haired third year explained with a grin. "you guys were so cool! that was really good!!"

y/n's eyes widened, checking her watch. reading 5:37 pm, she stood up from her drum stool. "shit! i didn't think we would go over time! you think you can wait a few more minutes? i need to help pack up."

the two boys nodded. "yeah it's alright-"

"you can go ahead y/n." mikasa interrupted them, catching their attention. "we can pack up here instead."

y/n furrowed her brows. "but-"

"it's alright babe." jean told her cutting her off, smiling at the girl. "you go ahead with them. we have nothing to do afterwards, but you do."

".. are you guys sure?" she asked. she received a bunch of positive replies, as they all easily let her off the hook. y/n sighed. "okay, if you say so."

as she grabbed her belongings, packing them up and placing them in her bag, mikasa called out to her. the short haired woman smiled at her softly. "i'm going over to your house later, alright?"

"hey no fair woman! how come you get to go to her house again!?" jean called out.

"because i can help her sleep. she needs it." mikasa answered simply.

"yeah well we can too!" he fired back.

"jean-"

"i wanna go to y/n's house again!" sasha joined in.

"you only want to go because of the food." eren scoffed. "and i want to come too!"

"sleepover at y/n's house then!!" connie yelled out joyfully. y/n sweat dropped at her friends. she walked over to bokuto and akaashi, grabbing their wrists.

"let's leave while we still can..." the girl murmured, pulling them with her as they left the room unnoticed, leaving the band people but y/n, arguing.

" the girl murmured, pulling them with her as they left the room unnoticed, leaving the band people but y/n, arguing