Chapter 22: "show them how it's done."

Sometimes we have high hopes for something, and we shouldn't. I thought I had made Joy change her mind about setting Lydia in the lead role, but she still chose her. I was furious. It doesn't matter what I say or do, and Joy would still choose Lydia over Maggie. Every time I asked her why she waved me off. I don't get it. Did Lydia do something to her?

It was hard working with Lydia while Roger grazed his hands all over Lydia without knowing it's been a week. Joy was busy helping Lydia and Roger while I helped Maggie with her script with Hugh. They were chosen as a sub by Joy because I liked them very much, and she gave them a chance.

Today, December came, and outside of my house was already snowing. I love December. It's snowing outside, Christmas is coming, and discounts are all over. There's this game I want to buy, but it's expensive. So I waited for two years until it was cheap and discounted

I opened the auditorium door, and I saw Joy and the others already on the stage rehashing. I didn't know they were rehashing early today. I put my belongings on the front row seat and went up to the stage, and I saw Joy with her hands on her hips, "you're late."

"What do you mean? I'm always-" I saw my watch, and I was an hour late, "not on time. I'm sorry, Jessie was giving me a favour on her portfolio."

"Let's take a break, fifteen minutes," Joy said, and she went to Maggie and Hugh. I saw Lydia walking toward me with her hand on her back. I wonder what she's holding behind her back, maybe a knife or a gun? She stops in front of me and hands me something.

"Valhalla?!" I exclaimed as I read the cassette case. It's the game I've always wanted for two years, "how-"

She puts her finger up, "I had this before we broke up. I gave it once to Cain, but he likes shooting games more, so you're welcome," she said as she threw the game at me and walked back to Roger. I keep observing the cassette case as I read the back of the case.

"What's that?" Joy asked me as she took the cassette.

"AC Valhalla. The game I've always wanted, and Lydia gave it to me," I said as I laughed, "I don't even have a PS5, and she gave the DVD to me. Pretty stupid, I might add."

Joy hummed and squinted her eyes at Lydia. She gave the DVD to me, "Anyway, my father is throwing a graduation party for my brother in a week, so make sure to come."

"Is that an invitation or-"

"It's a demand," Joy said, "look, my brother constantly asks me to invite you, so just come, will you?" I laughed and nodded at her. She clapped her hands, "alright. Breaks over. Let's do the second scene again."

After two hours of rehashing, I noticed Lydia and Roger were getting more fatigue because they had been screwing up lately. I saw the other actors taking a break while watching Lydia and Roger.

"Come on, guys, you have done this before. Why can't you do the exact thing I asked you?" Joy asked as she threw her hands up in the air.

"Maybe you should show them how it's done," Micheal said from the other side of the stage. Joy thought of the idea and snapped her finger. She looked back at me and grabbed my hand.

"Good idea Micheal. Lydia, Roger, you can take a break from now and pay attention," I saw the two of them go to the others. Joy faced me and gave me the script, and she whispered, "can you sing?"

I widened my eyes, knowing that I had to act before the others, "yes, but I can't act for God's sake."

"Good, that's better than nothing. Everyone, please pay attention to this part," Joy looked back at me, "let's start from the first line. You're Philips, and I'm Aurora."