Chapter 18

"If you didn't like Mitsuya at all then who do you like?"

You let out an exasperated sigh and rolled your eyes at your annoying seatmate who's been asking you the same question the whole day. "Can you stop? you're getting annoying"

"I'll stop if you answer~" he hummed.

"No." you firmly replied and kept your eyes on the notebook where you've been doodling.

Nahoya groaned but recovered after a few seconds "Fine, then I won't stop"

You massaged your temples and faced the peach-haired guy, his persistence managed to vex you, and here you thought you've learned to be a bit more patient when it comes to Nahoya. "Why do you even care about who I like? I don't plan on asking them out anyway"

"Ah-ha! so there is one" he clapped his hands and pointed at you, his grin widening. "C'mon doll, I just wanna help"

"Help with what exactly!?" you hissed and narrowed your eyes at the annoying guy beside you.

"Duh! I'm friends with almost everyone here, I can totally help you out so you can finally get lai—" He said but was interrupted when you suddenly flicked his forehead.

"I don't need any help. I don't want to ask them out and I don't plan on doing anything at all" You returned to doodling in your notebook and Nahoya became quiet for a few minutes, you sigh in relief thinking he finally gave up.

"You fuckin' coward " he spat out and crossed his arms.

A loud gasp escaped your mouth as you gripped the pen you were holding the moment you heard him say that. You turned your head in his direction with an offended look meanwhile he has a shit-eating grin plastered on his smug face. "Listen here you asshole—"

Just as you were about to stand up from your seat, the teacher came into the classroom and greeted you all. You heard a 'tsk' from Nahoya as you composed yourself and prepared for the next class.

While listening to the teacher, your thoughts drifted to what happened earlier. You were glad the teacher came in before you accidentally say anything you'll probably regret and it was so obvious that Nahoya was just provoking you since he knew how short-tempered you are.

You noticed that he was passing you a small crumpled paper, you quickly grabbed it before the teacher could notice.

Nahoya: Sorry bout' earlier

You smiled at his attempts to make amends, not wanting to have another long argument with you later. You grabbed your pen and wrote

: It's aight you dumbass, I'm not mad

Nahoya: Really? You looked like you were bout to chew off my entire head earlier XD

: Yeah, you should thank the teacher for preventing me from doing so hahaha

Nahoya: I guess this means I still won't get answers?

: Obviously. Now stop passing me notes, the teacher almost noticed us!

Thankfully he did stop and you resumed in listening to the teacher attentively. The lecture was boring but you had to listen and take some notes since you're probably gonna lend it to Nahoya again or you're gonna tutor him on something he didn't understand.

The rest of the day went by normally, if you don't count Nahoya skipping the last class again. He sometimes does this, feigning to be sick so he can be excused or sneaking out of class with Mikey and Draken's help.

You once thought 'just how lax is this school? why do they let delinquents have their way or why won't they send them to the guidance or principal's office.' You found out that the teachers are honestly scared as well, but that doesn't mean they don't try to do anything about those pesky delinquents. They would often send Mr. Nakamura, the tall and muscular P.E. teacher, to guard the gates but the delinquents have their way of sneaking out their fellow gang mates.

It's quite scary for you too honestly, the delinquents are more active here in the third year halls compared to those in lower years. Back then when you weren't friends with the Kawata twins and Chifuyu wasn't here yet, it was hard trying to pass through places crowded by a bunch of delinquents. They're usually outside the school gates, goofing off and scaring the other students with their intimidating stares. Most of them are cocky son of a bitches that fears no one not even the teachers, except for gangs that are more powerful that theirs.

But since you became friends with the Kawata twins, the third year delinquents avoids you. Not that you were using them as a shield, okay maybe a bit, but you already had Chifuyu and Baji's protection.

Tomoko, one of your closest friends who's in another section now, once asked you why don't you just fight back rather than be meek when you're one of the fiercest girl she knows. But you replied that you wanted a clean record now on your last year of middle school and not be involved with any fights or provoke any delinquent.

You remembered bumping into a gang captain a couple of weeks ago and accidentally made him spill some of his drink. Obviously they got mad and tried to hit you but you were able to avoid the first few punches. This irks them and they removed their jacket and told you he's gonna get serious now, you gulped and tried to run away but the other delinquents blocked your path, you prepared yourself to take a beating since you probably can't avoid this. Suddenly Nahoya appeared in front of you. He cracked his knuckles and immediately punched the gang captain of some gang, not letting him talk or give some time to recover.

Souya grabbed you away from the commotion and told you to go back to the classroom. You nodded and fled away from the scene, you looked back and saw Souya helping his brother fight the remaining delinquents.

You thanked your lucky stars that the Kawata twins was nearby or you could've gotten in serious trouble.

Since that day, no delinquent dared to approach you. They just acted as if you were invisible. You thanked both of the twins for providing some kinda invisible shield, thus you were able to roam around the campus without any fear.

Good day to my readers! Here's another update

Good day to my readers! Here's another update. It's quite slow, I know but it's a slow burn.

Please don't forget to comment and vote! I hope you enjoyed reading!