007 :: SHE SHOULD'VE KNOWN.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER SEVEN...!

!

❝ SHE SHOULD'VE KNOWN , SEASON FOUR ❞

       IT was almost too good to be true.

Jennie sat next to Grayson, on his picnic blanket, both munching on their fruit cups. She noticed that this was the closest they had ever been, their arms touching. She had a feeling Grayson knew as well, but neither of them mentioned it.

The rest of the picnic surrounded them. It was everything Grayson promised her and more. The fruit cups, the sandwiches, the sunset in front of them. It was all— perfect.

As she looked over at Grayson, she noticed him staring at her, "What?"

Grayson realized he had been staring at her for such an extended amount of time, looking down at his hands, as he cleared his throat, "Nothing, it's just—"

He couldn't help but chuckle softly to himself, as he looked back up at her, "You look really beautiful."

The blush that washed over Jennie's face made her look down smiling, trying to hide the fact that she was an exact replica of a tomato.

"Thanks." Her voice was quiet. Even though he couldn't see her face, he could tell she was smiling.

When she looked up again, she turned to him, slightly tilting her head, "Grayson?"

"Hm?"

She paused for a second, "What made you want to be my friend?"

It was a question that roamed around Jennie's mind for the past couple of weeks. Even after pushing him away, he always came back. Jennie liked that about him, but she didn't know why he did it.

What was it that he thought of her, to make him stay after all this time?

"Who wouldn't want to be your friend?"

She looked at him, "That's not an answer."

He let out a laugh, shaking his head. He looked up at the sky, pausing for a moment, before continuing, "I don't know— I guess, I saw you, and I just kinda thought— she's kinda cute. And then the more I got to know you, I realized she's really cute."