Choosing Camps

?: Hmm... I don't recognise that ceiling... Ah, that's right, I am in the Karsten manor.

Laying on the bed with half-closed eyes was William James Moriarty. Even though he was awake, he was still laying on his bed. It was not that he was a lazy or hard-to-wake person, but because he was in deep thought.

'So all of it was not a dream eh? What should I do now?...why was I brought here?...do I even deserve a new life?...what should I do?'

William still lay on his bed with a neutral expression, but his eyes showed a lot more. Sadness and a bit of guilt.

'Maybe...maybe I should use this life help, someone... Help them reach their dreams... Protect them even if it costs my life... Make them happy even if it costs my soul...make sure that they don't become like me. That is what I can do to atone for my sins'

He got out of his bed to get ready. He found his clothes neatly folded near his bed along with his cane. He looked at the mirror.

' I look terrible.'

He looked out the window. A light morning breeze was flowing. You could see the royal palace and the guard station, behind which the Sun was rising. It was a mesmerising sight and William would have commented on it if he had paid attention.

' How long was I out? Is Reinhard in the manor too? That's unlikely, he may have found out about the candidate and took her somewhere else. Since he is a knight, I don't think she would follow him that easily. I hope he didn't do anything too far like kidnapping her or something.'

'I don't know what to do. For now, I should go and meet with Crusch and try to meet with Reinhard... Hmm, weird... Someone pinched my cheeks...'

He broke out from his trans when he heard footsteps approaching his room. As he turned around the door flew open and he saw the cheerful face of a girl with feline features and an old butler behind her.

Ferris: nya Good Morning William!! Nyou look so refreshed. As Ferris thought, nyou just needed a good night's rest, Ferris' wisdom is always right nya!

William: Good morning to you too Miss Felix, and yes, thank you for your care. I appreciate it.

He noticed that Ferris had a toothy grin and the old man was giving him a weird look before changing into one that showed he had lost all hope in him.

' What is happening? Did I do something wrong? Why do get this feeling as if I am digging my own grave'

Ferris: This is the old man Will nya. He just looks scary but he is really kind and sweet. Except when he is mad...

Ferris' face contorted into a neutral expression with distant eyes.
Both men promptly ignored Ferris' flashbacks,
?: I am Wilhelm Trias, a humble butler in this manor. Sorry for barging in just now.

William: Oh no, it's okay, there is no need to apologise. I was just about to leave too. I am William James Moriarty. Call me William.

Wilhelm: It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr William.

Ferris: Yes. Now that introductions are over, we came here because Miss Crusch wants a word with nyou. Are nyou all ready to go?

He took his cane and straightened out his coat once more.
William: Yes, Let's go.

Wilhelm went ahead while the other two walked behind. They didn't talk much as William was marvelling at the paintings and the sculptures decorating the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crusch's study

Ferris: Miss Crusch, Ferris has brought him nya. Told you that he just needs some rest nya.