(𝐗𝐕.)𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

THE GUNSHOT UPWARDS, RED SMOKE TRAILING BEHIND IT. The sound of horses galloping was heard next before a shout from a soldier instructing another.

"Titan spotted at three o'clock! Fire the signal!"

"Smoke shell confirmed on the right wing!" a soldier said to the commander.

"Do not change the formation!" he instructed, "Have the right-wing merge in the centre and stay on course! We only have until sunset! We must take the shortest possible path!"

Mikasa's horse galloped in front of everyone else's. F/n's hair was flowing behind her as she tightly hugged the girl's waist, eyes strained in front of her as it searched for Titans every once in a while.

"Mikasa! Oi, Mikasa! Mikasa!" Hannes, a unit captain of the Garrison, shouted, "Stop pushing so hard. You're drifting near the vanguard. It will ruin the whole formation."

"I know how you feel but didn't I tell you?" he continued in a softer tone, "Eren won't get taken away without putting up a fight. Don't you agree?"

Mikasa gave him a nod and the man grinned.

"You know he'll never give up. So it's up to us to stay calm and be there when he needs us. Just like we did back then."

A small smile grew on the black-haired female's lips before determination flared through her eyes as she touched the red scarf around her neck.

F/n was silent as ever. Not because she didn't know what to say in the conversation but because of thinking of ways to fight the Titans.

This would be the first time she would ever fight a Titan and she was clueless, still. The only thing she knew was to cut their napes off like how Levi had taught her during their training session.

Then came a red smoke flare, followed by another and a green one before two red others followed.

"All soldiers, prepare for battle!" Erwin's voice echoed through the open area, making F/n's hands clench around the two swords beside her thighs.

Slowly but surely, the soldiers made their way closer and closer to the forest. The closer they got, the more anticipation clouded in the air, making it thicker and thicker.

Suddenly, a bright light shone in the forest and they all gasped in surprise.

"A light?" F/n heard Mikasa mutter.