(𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗.)𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

F/N CREPT INSIDE THE WALL, TAKING SMALL, QUIET STEPS AS SHE COVERED HERSELF WITH THE SURVEY CORPS COAT SHE FLIPPED BACKWARDS. The logo was underneath and the hood was over her head.

Each step she took felt heavy and made her feel the urge to turn around and get back to where she belonged. The walls were tall, taller than the ones back home.

But... where did she belong? Where was home, really?

Guards were everywhere. Literally everywhere.

There were two in the entrance and a large group in the surrounding areas, all with their gears and mechanisms ready to be used.

One turned his head towards where F/n stood, causing her to instantly lean her back against the wall of the nearest building.

He marched towards her, sword unsheathed and ready to strike when finding out that there was no one in the corner.

He shrugged it off as F/n let out a nervous exhale from the close call.

The woman wiped her sweat from the palm of her hands and proceeded to walk to the next wall. And the next. And the one after that.

There were way more walls than there were back home and it was strange how the guards looked different every time she entered one.

Their uniforms changed but their equipment and weapons were the same. But it seemed as though there was more protection as she got more and more inwards.

People were everywhere but unlike the ones who were back home, they looked... similar. They looked like they were trapped, like prisoners living within these walls. F/n, despite already being not a part of their citizen, felt out of place.

Like she was the only human in there.

It was strange, really. She knew that there must be a reason for that similarity between people. And she was willing to find out what.

The buildings seemed to look similar to the ones back home, all of different shapes and sizes but all seemed to have one purpose.

And that was to provide shelter for the people.

A tall building stood out to her and she carefully made her way toward it. She touched the side of the building, letting her hand run through the rough surface.

Seeing as the building was close to the wall with no one to see her, she, with her crystal abilities, climbed up and peeked through the window.

A man, who looked like he was in his forties, sat on a rocking chair, gazing out through another window opposite from where she was peeking.

The room he was in looked like a bedroom of some sort with a simple bed, wardrobe and table, all of which were made of mostly wood as their frames. A door was seen on her left-hand side where the bed was.

The door opened and F/n instinctively bowed her head down slightly, covering herself with the help of the pots of plants.

A woman walked in, a fairly young woman who looked slightly older than she was. She wore a dusty pink dress with white sleeves and shoulder-length brown locks tied back with a red ribbon.

Her eyes were dark but somehow glimmering and her hands were full from holding the tray of food.

The woman placed the tray down on the table beside where the old man sat which reminded her of how Hange would when she was sick or when she was injured.

It made her feel homesick. Everything made her feel homesick.

Slowly and quietly, the h/c-haired woman made her way down and softly landed on the ground without a noise.

There was a house with people selling bread and a house with people selling crockeries. There were some who were selling clothes while others sold different kinds of vegetables.

F/n, from learning how to sneakily borrow food from how Sasha had taught her, grabbed a loaf of bread without the owner knowing. She snatched a bottle of water and turned around a corner, letting herself rest even if it was just for a minute.

After she was done with her food, F/n continued her way to the innermost wall to reach the large building she spotted when she climbed up to the top with the help of her crystals.

It was a large, majestic building. A palace.

The building was tall. Very tall. The walls were made of slightly dirtied white-coloured bricks with vines and mosses growing on them. The towers were of different widths and heights and were all combined together into one.

A large wooden gate was in front of it, chains attached to the wall with a lever and two guards guarding the entrance.

Not wanting to reveal her presence, F/n walked to the side and used her crystals to climb to the other side of the wall. It wasn't too tall of a wall so she was able to do it effortlessly.

Though, she still needed to improve her crystal usage since she knew that there must be a limit to her ability.

F/n avoided another group of guards and walked around the building, searching for another entrance on the side.

One of the guards must have heard her footsteps since he started approaching where she was earlier with a gun ready to be shot. She let out an inaudible gasp and leaned against the brick wall.

Accidentally, the wall moved with her weight and before she knew it, it turned and she was then revealed to a spiral staircase.

Her heartbeat was faster than usual and she turned around, panically pushing against the wall as she tried to get out of the place. She banged her fists against the wall but there the noise could barely be heard even for her and her hand started to bleed.

She inhaled deeply, trying to calm herself down before acting on the matter but it appeared to be shaky.

Despite that, though, she activated her ability, creating a crystal dagger and slammed it against the wall. But it cracked. Not the wall, no. Her crystal did.

┬┴┬┴┤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈├┬┴┬┴