Chapter 16 - Untold Stories

Chapter Song: All I Ask of You by Original Cast of Phantom of the Opera

Michael
I hate myself for making her cry. I sat in my car for far too long, unable to move or speak.

How could I have forgotten our date?

I'd never leave her waiting.

I was really tired after work last night so I took a nap. But my shift ended at 4, there's no way I slept for 16 hours.

This is stupid. This is all so fucking stupid.

That hurt in her eyes, it was so deep that I know I touched a wound that hasn't healed. I might've
just ruined everything.

~~~

What the fuck.

"Michael, it's so good to see you again."

Fucking Derek is leaning on the doorframe of my apartment like he owns it. What the fuck is up with him leaning against doorways?

"The hell are you doing here?" I ask, shoving past him to unlock my apartment door and slam it in his face.

"I just wanted to know how your date with Evelyn went last night."

I stopped moving completely. How did he know about that? He would've had to have been stalking-

No. He could've just had a lucky guess and is trying to piss me off. He's a liar but not worth my time.

"You think you're smart?" I say pulling out my key to unlock my door, "We didn't have a date last night. Nice try."

Derek snapped his fingers and smacked himself on the forehead. "Right, that's my bad, I forgot you bailed on her."

I stopped moving once more.

That little shit.

"You really should invest in an alarm, you probably wouldn't have slept through your date if you had one."

I slowly looked up at him and glared, a silent warning for him to stop talking. He may be older than me, but I'm stronger than him.

"Then again, maybe if you payed closer attention to the water bottle you always leave out in the open you would've seen someone slip something inside-"

All I could hear was my heart pounding in my chest as I dropped my keys and shoved him into the wall. "What did you do?"

Derek put his hands up in a mocking display of innocence. "Nothing you can prove."

"Did you drug me?"

"Why would I do that? You're my brother and I love you. Besides, that's illegal."

"Uh huh. Don't act like you have done illegal shit before."

"You should deal with your trust issues, Michael. It's not a healthy habit."

I let him go, pushing him away from me. "Stay away from Evelyn and I. If I see you again, so help me, I'll call your parole officer."

"A good talk as always. See you later."

What did I just say?

~~~

Evelyn texted me at 5:30 that evening.

Ev ⭐️: Hey. Can we talk?
Me: Yes
Me: Please
Me: When?
Ev ⭐️: 7 at my apartment
Ev ⭐️: If you want