20

"B-bakugou?"
The girl asked, blinking her tears away trying to see his face more clearly.
The tears slid out the corners of her eyes and left a warm trail behind them.

"Yes."
He mumbled, trying to act mean or agervated so she couldn't see how worried he was.

"Did I hit you?"
She asked, her voice shaking, trying to understand what exactly was going on through the sleep and fear blurring her mind.
The thought of her hitting him because of a dream only added to her constant guilt.

"No, you were hitting yourself."
He said sitting up.
He slid off of her and started to get up.

Mai jumped after him, chasing his comforting warmth.
She practically tackled him and buried her face in his chest.

He fell on his back, staring at the ceiling in shock.
The scared girl wrapped her arms around his neck and hid her face.
In all honesty he didn't know what to do, when he went to wake her up he assumed she would yell at him to leave.
He didn't expect her to be clingy like this.
And he definitely didn't expect himself to not mind it.

He grumbled to himself and gently lifted her up, holding her like a baby and putting her back on the bed she rolled off of.

"I'm sorry."
She whispered pitifully, feeling guilty knowing Bakugou didn't like this shit.

"Shut the hell up, I do what I want."
He grumbled, normally his voice was laced with anger, but not now.
He was trying his best to be gentle dispite it being completely contradictory to his normal behavior.

Though what he said would normally be taken as rude, Mai knew he was telling her he wanted to help and that she shouldn't feel sorry about it.
"Okay."
Her voice was hoarse and the act of talking made her throat ache.
'I was talking in my sleep wasn't I?"
She thought her face turned red at the embarrassing realization.

Bakugou laid her back on the bed and hesitated for a moment, she was scared and not thinking clearly and might kill him once she woke up to find him in her bed.

Mai grabbed his arm and turned her body, pulling him onto the bed behind her.
She hugged his arm and sniffled again.
"I- I don't want to be alone."
She choked out.
He figured as much, it wasn't him she wanted.
Her desire wasn't to snuggle with this angry teenager she disliked most of the time.

She was just scared of being alone, a common fear but not one he expected her to have.
With her stoic uncaring personality it was easy to assume she didn't like people in general.

But that wasn't actually true, at the sports festival she for some reason got upset when Kaminari lost, and now she was having a nightmare the night after her classmates got attacked.

She cared a lot more than she let on.

"I won't let you be alone, alright."
He said hugging her closely.
"But I'm only doing this because you don't have shitty Deku or pink cheeks here with you."
He lied.

"Uraraka doesn't like me."
Mai admitted with a pout.

Bakugou lifted an eyebrow.
It was difficult to picture the happy, pink cheeked, wannabe Kirby not liking someone.
Especially since her standards for freinds were low enough to include icyhot and Deku.

"Why not, you're such a wonderful outgoing person, who wouldn't like you."
He said sarcastically trying to lighten her mood.

"Well you're not a walk In the park either, jerk."
She teased back, Her tail slapping him in the face playfully.

"Oi! Get that thing out of my face! I'm being nice! Be grateful
Freak!"
He scolded pushing her tail away.

"Yeah, whatever."
She said hugging his arm.