Chapter Twenty Eight: Majority Rules

I looked around at each of the people in the room. "Ummmm....I'm going to go find some coffee. You guys decide. It's your lives."

"That sounds like a good idea to me," Mandy said, moving to stand.

"Me, too," Kris said, her voice soft. She glanced at Jin, then at Joon. "Though I'm okay with just going home, since all that I do is cause problems for my soulmates."

"Kris..." Jin said, leaning closer to her. "It's not your fault."

Jungkook reached for my hand as I started to stand, and pulled me back down into my chair. "No way. We're not deciding this without you. It's your life too, My-My."

I turned away from watching my friend and looked at him. "But nobody cares what I do, Kookie. People only care about the seven of you."

"You're missing the whole point of the show, Yeobo," Hobi said, leaning closer to me and JK from my other side. "This is to make people care about you. To get them on our side, so that we don't have to spend the rest of our lives hiding our soulmate bond."

I sat back in my chair and stared at Hobi for a moment. "I didn't think of it that way."

"This show is just as much for you as it is for us," he said. "The company seems like they really want our soulmates to be accepted by fans. This is their weird way of making it happen."

"Do you really want your soulmate to go out on dates with other guys, Hobi?" Jin asked me. "My soulmate's other soulmate, who also happens to be my other soulmate, doesn't want her to have anything to do with me, so I'm not sure how other guys would factor into that already fucked-up equasion."

"Do you really need to discuss our issues with everyone else, Seokjin?" Namjoon mumbles.

"Our issues are going to be on TV for everyone to see, so why does doing it in front of the rest of the members matter?" Jin asked. "Afraid that they will see you in a bad light, since you're being an absolute jackass about this?"

"You had sex with my soulmate!" Joon said, shooting Jin a glare.

"She's my soulmate, too!" Jin yelled back. "You don't seem to get that!"

"Did you know that before or after you defiled her?" Joon asks.

"Defiled?" Kris interjects. "It's not like I was a blushing virgin, Joonie."

"You know what I meant, Kris," Joon said, shooting her a glare. "Did the two of you know before?"

Kris looked at Jin, then they both shook their heads no.

"Yeah...that's what I thought," Joon said. He crossed his arms over his chest and sat back in his chair. "You were my soulmate first, you both were, actually. But I couldn't even get you to talk to me, Kris. All I wanted was to figure out a way to make this work, but you couldn't even look at me. And you kept fighting with Jin. But then, all of the sudden, you're fucking in our hotel room and telling me that you're each other's soulmates, too?"

"We were trying to bond with you, too, but instead, you decided to turn into the world's biggest ass," Kris said, staring down at the table in front of her.

"Actually, that title would go to the guy who slept with my soulmate."

"I'm HIS soulmate, too!

"I'm HER soulmate, too!

Jin and I both yelled at once.

"But you didn't know that when you fucked each other!" Joon yelled back.