S I S T E R S

My dark purple dress was silk and wrapped around my neck with a bow holding it together, my shoulders were on full display along with my curled brown hair

     My dark purple dress was silk and wrapped around my neck with a bow holding it together, my shoulders were on full display along with my curled brown hair. I had a nude lip gloss on with a smoky eyeshadow look, my reflection stared back at me. You would never guess how much of a mess I am inside right now, I feel like I can't breathe because of how much fear is embedded inside of me.

Nathaniel appeared behind me dressed in his black suit, he was smirking at my reflection taking in all of me. I forced a smile on my lips, my eyes tried their best to disguise my true feelings but you could see the worries from a mile away. Standing directly behind me, his hand wrapped around my neck as his fingers softly stroked my cheek.

"There's nothing to be afraid of." He whispered inside my ear, his eyes were soft and watching my every reaction.

I know he was trying to make me feel better but no matter what he says, I know that he could end up getting hurt or even worse.

"I'll protect you, always." He tilted my head exposing my neck, his lips softly pressing against my skin making sure to mark his territory.

"That's what I'm afraid of." I said, very quietly.

To what extent? He'll do anything for his family and me but how far is he willing to go? If it comes down to his sister and him, there's no doubt in my mind he'll be the one to take the bullet, he would never harm his little sister and that is what I'm afraid of. It's selfish but I rather her take the bullet than him, I rather her die than the man I love.

He released my neck as his hand fell inside his pocket, he pulled out another velvet box. I watched him from the mirror open the box revealing a beautiful gold chain with a small Garnet diamond and an N initial hanging beside the diamond. It was beautiful, I realized that it was his birthstone and initial. He took the necklace from the box, I lifted my hair allowing him to put it on me.

"Now you'll always have something of me." He says.

My eyes fluttered away from the tears that wanted so desperately to fall, my fingers touched the stone against my neck.

"I want you, not something that resembles you." I whispered under my breath, his soft fingertips pressing against my jaw turning my head slightly.

His thumb stroked my rosy cheek, our eyes exchanged words. "You have me. Mind, body, and soul, every inch of me belongs to you." He says with a warm smile gracing his lips.

"I love you." I said while smiling at his sweet words, my hand brushed his hair back before my lips press against his cheek.

Our hands locked around each other as we exited the room, everyone was waiting downstairs talking amongst each other. Donovan was by the fireplace talking to his parents and Rowan, they looked to be in a very intense conversation.

Something was going on, they looked way too conflicted with each other.

Nathaniel cleared his throat grabbing their attention, Donovan avoided making eye contact with me which leads me to believe he's ignoring me because of what happened yesterday.