The Third Hokage, Forever...

🤪Material Gurl

No One POV:

The battle was done.

The war was over.

The good guys won the battle.

But sadly, it didn't come with a cost.

The cost of the now-deceased Hokage.

When the others returned to the village their sensei immediately rushed to them as they noticed the multiple injuries they sustained. They were taken to the hospital as they were for some time, but Naruto and Y/n were the quickest due to well...they were different.

The two of them notices that the people were sad as Y/n was the first one to ask why everyone is sad. The villagers were confused until they explained that they were outside of the village because of the enemy.

That was when they told them that Lord Hokage died in battle.

Naruto's eyes widen as he couldn't take it. He didn't believe it, he denied it, he screamed no in his head, he was looking around but see that everyone was now more upset making him deny it even more.

Naruto was gonna yell at them, but Y/n quickly came in and hug him as a way of comfort but to stop him. He knows that Lord Hokage was someone that Naruto considered close to him, before he graduated, he only had Lord Hokage and Iruka-Sensei. He took Naruto to his place as he listens to Naruto crying and repeatedly saying that he was not gone, or it was not fair.

Gyomei, Zabuza, and Haku came back as they see Naruto sleeping Y/n look at them as he told them what happened. Haku nodded as he stated that Zabuza told him what happened during their time while Y/n and the others were outside of the village. The four of them turned to the sleeping fox as Gyomei started to pray for him.

Now after days of returning things were still the same. The air had lightened up a bit, but it was still heavy as Naruto spend nights at Y/n's house, which is laying down while looking at the ceiling.

"Naruto..." Y/n knocked on the door before opening it, "Hey, we got some ramen here so please come down and eat."

The silence was the only answer as Y/n frowned a bit as that's been the only answer he's been getting. "Also...it's time, for the funeral. We have a suit for you, so I'll leave it here for you," Y/n put the attire on a chair before walking out and quietly closing the door.

Naruto continued to stare at the ceiling as he then looks at the attire. It was a nice suit and was thankful for having someone get him one. Though the mood changes when he looks out of the window to see the Hokages' faces as he sees the Third Hokage's face.

'Why?'

Y/n was downstairs when he sees Haku, Zabuza, and Gyomei on the table. "That brat is still in there." Zabuza sighed as Y/n nodded, "I'm really worried about Naruto. They were like the only close people he had before meeting us. I'm worried how Naruto is gonna move on in the future."

Haku was lost in his thought as he too was concerned about Naruto. They didn't have much time to spend but he already cared very deeply about the blond fox. They were almost the same as being alone before having someone come into their lives and give them something that they don't want to let go of.

"The only thing we can do is to just be there for him," Haku spoke as he stares at his drink. "If he wants someone to hold them then we will, if he wants a shoulder to lean on then we will if he just wants someone to be there for him because he feels lonely then we will. That's the only thing that we can do."

Suddenly they hear footsteps and they turn to see Naruto coming down with his suit on. Y/n was glad that Naruto decided to come out of the bedroom, hopefully thinking that he's now recovering.