Ch23: Aiko-Chan!

"U-uh hi?"

"U-uh hi?"

"..."

"Are you here for Shinazugawa-San's welcome party?"

Hinasturu sweatdropped as the man only avoided her eye contact.

"Well um I-"She began

"Young L/n! You actually came!" A voice proclaimed with laughter.

Hinasturu jumped and turned around, "Shinjuro-Sama do you know him?"

"Yes! Of course! Hinasturu this young boy is L/n Hikaru the Shadow Hashira!"

She beamed, "Oh! Your Y/n-Sans brother I've been wanting to meet you! I'm Hinasturu, one of Uzui-Samas wives, it's a pleasure to meet you!" Her face changed to a skeptical one, "You visited your sister, right?"

"Yes, he did! Don't worry according to my son their relationship is all fixed up now!" Shinjuro laughed, "Never mind that now, come in! We've already started! Hinasturu would you be a dear and fix my friend a plate?"

"That's a relief, and yes Shinjuro-San please go take a seat inside you two!"

When they had a welcome party, they usually had it at a restaurant or bar in town, but Uzui insisted, that just like for his party, they had it at his estate because it was much more "Flamboyant then those unflashy bars!" Y/n had dragged her brother to the Sound Pillars estate, making sure he had gone in before abandoning him there. She refused to come in because she, "Wasn't one of the pillars." And "They might feel the need to keep the party down because I'm there."

Hikaru sighed as the elder Rengoku dragged him in, earning shocked reactions from all.

"Ara ara, L/n-San!" Kanae chuckled, "have a change of heart?"

"What the hell, you invited your unflamboyant ass?"

"Hikaru...I see... things must be going good with your sister I trust...Namu-Amidabutsu..."

"I see is that why you're here?! Because of your sister! My you'd do anything for her how loyal!" Shinjuro proclaimed just bringing Gyomei to more tears.

"Shinazugawa-San! You didn't get to meet him last time, but this is the Shadow Hashira, L/n Hikaru! He usually doesn't come to these things, but it seems his sister gave him a change of heart, now you only have to meet Giyuu! But he usually doesn't come so maybe later!" Kanae explained happily.

"Here my boy! Sit here!" Shinjuro lead him to the seat next to him which Hikaru grunted and begrudgingly sat in.

The Pillars were sitting at a long table. Gyomei sat at the end because of his big stature and Shinjuro and Hikaru sat on the left side of the table while Uzui and Kanae sat on the other. Shinazugawa was sitting on the other end across from Gyomei.