His Choice (Admiral Thrawn)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is in labour on the battlefield while Thrawn is halfway across the galaxy dealing with his own side of the war.

Requested by TwincessAhsoka

Part 1!

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

As a Sith Lord, I've felt enough pain in this lifetime more than anyone should. The loss of friends, family, and in a way, the loss of me. I've had injuries and debilitating sicknesses. Yet, this hurt the worst out of it all. Giving birth. In the middle of a BATTLE!

I couldn't help but scream again as a wave of pain passed through my stomach and down my spine. I have always called him Thrawn, but his real name was Mitth'raw'nuruodo. Yeah, now you understand why I call him Thrawn. Although it's a part of his title and his last name, it's so much easier than Mitth'raw'nuruodo. That's not the point: the point is that he's not here, and this is his baby.

"Where is he!" I shrieked to my Stormtrooper guardians, "Get him here, now! I will kill you all if you can't do this!"

The men in white armour stepped back a bit, unsure if my threat was legitimate. It sure as hell was— if my husband doesn't get here soon, I will be vulnerable. These Stormtroopers couldn't hit a sleeping man five feet in front of them. It's a true wonder that Thrawn even bothers with keeping Stormtroopers at all. Of course, it's to keep the locals without thoughts of Rebellion, but in real combat? Nah, they're useless.

"Get him here, now!" I shouted once more, plummeting to the floor as a contraction hit my gut once more.

The only brave Stormtrooper raced off to find a transmission com to contact my husband, and the other two stood by my side,
"Ma'am, my wife just had a child around 3 moons ago," he commented while getting down to my level on the floor, "I have a bit of experience with childbirth... if you'd like assistance."

Generally, if anyone offered something like this to me, I would slice them in half without another thought. Appearing weak wasn't an option unless it was Thrawn. Thrawn is the only person I have ever shown my true self to, but this was a very different set of circumstances.
I know, deep down thanks to my connection to the force, that my husband isn't coming. Work always comes first. The Empire always comes first. I understand his loyalty and congratulate it. Yet, it doesn't feel right.

I glanced up into the dead, black eyes of the Stormtrooper's helmet and nodded, "Only until the Admiral gets here."

"Very good," he whispered, pulling his blackened gloves away from his fingers, followed by his helmet.
This Stormtrooper wasn't a Clone during the Clone Wars. He was a pale-faced Kage male with blue hair that rested behind his ears comfortably, "My name is Deek. I plan to make this as comfortable and painless as possible, ma'am."

I just nodded and leaned back; my eyes slamming shut as another contraction echoed through my body. My teeth grinded together painfully. I could taste blood,
"I don't know if I believe in 'painless,' Deek, but feel free to try."

I could sense Deek's fear as he got closer to me. I can't blame him. I'm a Sith Lord for force sake, no wonder he's shaking.
Oh, Thrawn. Where are you, my love? Our daughter needs to meet her daddy.

1st POV,
Thrawn
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Kill them all!" I bellowed while pointing my blue finger out towards the battlefield. We were finally taking Lothal after the Ghost Squadron won it back for the Rebels.
Many dead bodies were scattered on the dusty street below. Many were innocent civilians, but that meant nothing to me. Ghost Squad was here and hiding amongst the commoners— everyone is a threat!