fifty

Carson's sophomore year:

" Hurry the fuck up Kyler!" I shouted over my shoulder as we headed towards the lecture hall.

I was not going to be late for the first few days of classes because he was still slightly hung over. Dominic had gotten inside before us to save our seats while I parked the car.

Kyler put some extra pep in his step as he pulled his hoodie over his head and pushed the sunglasses further up the bridge of his nose. This would be our last time attending a party on a Sunday night if this would be the outcome the next day.

We made it into our class with less than a minute on the clock. I spotted Dominic in the middle row with his bag in one seat and his laptop on top of the chair next to it. Patting Kyler on the shoulder, I jutted my chin towards Dominic and motioned for him to follow me.

As we approached the step that our row was on I allowed for Kyler to take the seat next to Dominic so that I could take the aisle seat. Once I was settled in, I looked around the class and noticed three very familiar girls sitting in the row next to us.

Ayanna Heart, Jora Sanchez, and Skylar McKay.

" You look like a creep." Kyler snorted from beside me.

I blinked, realizing that I had been staring at her. Clearing my throat I scooted further down into my seat as the professor started up his lecture.

" Have you ever thought about talking to her?" Kyler asked as I watched her accidentally knock her pen off of the table without her notice.

It rolled over towards my foot.

Now, I didn't think of myself as a thief but... if she thought that she lost her pen she would have to borrow one from someone.

Bending down I swiftly picked up the pen and pocketed it. I ignored the look of confusion that Kyler and Dominic were giving me as I coughed into my palm.

That didn't go as smoothly as I planned.

" Smooth." Dominic's time was nothing less than sarcasm.

It felt like hours passed as the professor went over the group assignment but in reality it was only a few minutes.

"Your groups will be the people surrounding you. Let's get to work and not waste my time or yours please." He dismisses us to start our assignments.

" I'll do the research..." I block out the rest of Dominic's sentence as I overhear the conversation next to me.

" I can't believe you actually fucked my brother." I heard Skylar laugh at Jora.

" I didn't know." Jora whines. " If I would've known I probably wouldn't have fucked him."

Silence.