epilogue

Draft night

Draft night.

I leaned against the foundation of the door, watching as she smoothed her french manicured hands over the material of her dress.

She looked so beautiful.

Her hair was parted down the middle, much longer than usual due to her getting her silk press. She spent an extra hour at the salon since she decided on getting it curled.

I don't think that I would be receiving anything tonight in fear of sweating it out.

I knew better.

She wore a black long sleeve v-neck mini dress that exposed her cleavage but not too much. She paired it with black Versace platform heels that made her a little closer to my height.

Ayanna had just begun to put her earrings in when she noticed my presence. She quickly turned around to face me as she stuck the gold statement piece through her ear.

" You look so fucking sexy," she complimented me as I pushed off of the wall and advanced on her. She took her time observing me as I walked across the room,eyes trailing down my attire slowly.

" You look absolutely stunning." I reach for her waist as she puts in the backing of her other earring. " How am I going to be able to focus on anything else when all I want to do is make love to you?"

Ayanna shrugs her shoulders, leaning out of my touch a little. "I guess we'll just have to keep our hands to ourselves."

I snorted as I attached my lips to her cheek, not wanting to mess up her lips that were shiny with gloss. " That's going to be torture, angel. Pure fucking torture."

Ayanna feigns a mocking pout," You poor thing. It's only for a few hours." She caresses my chin with her thumb before Dominic enters the room.

" It's time to go!" He shouts.

We quickly pull away from each other. I grabbed our coats while Ayanna quickly placed the essentials she had laid out on the counter and swiped them into her purse.

I hold my arm out for her to hook hers around as she approaches me.

" Ready?" I asked.

" Yes. Are you ready?" She asked with an excited twinkling in her eyes.

I've been ready for this day ever since I touched a basketball. But yet this day seems much less important compared to the days that I had in mind with her.

" More than ready." Ayanna presses her fingertips against my skin, turning my head towards her. She pressed a swift kiss against my lips before pulling away with a soft smile. Her eyes watched as she brought her thumb to my lips and wiped away her lip gloss.

" Now we can go."

We quickly hurried down the stairs to see everyone waiting on us. All of our parents were here as well, smiling brightly as we joined them in the living room of my parents New York home.