5

-The Morning-

After Anthony's visit last night, I was able to get a peace of sleep and slept until I awoke to Josie entering my room. I stretched my arms out as I say, "Morning, Josie. Has Isa and Charlie been awoken yet?"

"Yes, they're getting dressed right now, I just came to deliver this to you," Josie responds as she hands me a folded piece of parchment and exit to either help get breakfast started or do last-minute preparations.

I unfold the parchment to see Anthony's writing and smiled.

"Dear Y/N,

I feel our time together last night started us back on the right path, I would like to continue going down that path. So, if you, Isa, and Charlie have time, it would give me great pleasure if you three could join me and my family for some promenading at a picnic today. I hope to see you there and I hope you're keeping your word about halting on opening the letters."

-Anthony

Of course, he would be a tease, at least he'll be pleased to know that I'm still a great listener.

I fold the letter back up and set it on my desk before I head over to my wardrobe to begin getting ready for the day. I head downstairs to see Isa and Charlie already starting to eat their breakfast as I walked into the dining room.

"How would you two like to join the Bridgertons for a picnic later?" I asked as I take my seat and take a few bites of bread while awaiting their answers.

Both Isa and Charlie nod their heads yes as they still have their mouth full, such respectful manners they showcase.

"Are you going to be okay being within mere inches from Anthony?" Charlie asked as I nodded and respond, "Anthony actually paid me a visit last night."

"And?" Both Charlie and Isa say as they want more information, leaning forward to do so.

I laugh a little and respond, "Don't tell me you've been turning yourselves into little Whistledowns. And he apologized, but you know me, I wasn't going to forgive him that easily. He also knows that too so he's apparently has plans on how he's going to prove that I can forgive him."

After a few minutes of finishing up breakfast, I called for the carriage and then we were off to the picnic. We arrived just in time and after we came to a full stop, I noticed Anthony walking up as the footman opened the door for us.

"Good evening Miss L/N," Anthony says as he holds out his hand for me to take so he can help me out of the carriage.

"Lord Bridgerton, what a nice day this evening brought to us," I reply as I turned to help Isa and Charlie exit out until Anthony says, "I got them."

Anthony helped them out by lifting them up and setting them down, their height a bit too short to reach the stool. After the door is shut and the carriage started moving away, all four of us started our path to the tent where the rest of the Bridgerton family were occupying, Isa and Charlie ahead of us, must be from excitement of seeing Gregory and Hyacinth again.

"Thank you again, I appreciate it," I said as I watch the corners of Anthony's mouth lift into a subtle smile.

"It was really no trouble, so have you been keeping your word?" Anthony asked as he holds out his arm as I nodded my head yes.

"They're still on my desk untouched," I said as I loop my arm into his, "How's the search for Daphne's next suitor?" as I place my hand on his arm.

"Proving to be difficult, although since she has been seen dancing with Hastings, she has many to choose from," Anthony responds as his face shows hesitation from the current pairing in question.