5. Offer

Perseus stiffened at the sound of his name.

It had been so long since he'd heard someone use it that pores surfaced his skin.

Dionysus fell as Perseus released his hold, scrambling back in an attempt to evade his old camper.

"Run away, and I will sure you suffer." Perseus threatened.

Dionysus froze where he stood as he clasped at his throat, taking ragged, uneven breaths for the air to return to his lungs.

He put away the flaming dagger and unsheathed the swords that laid across his back. He turned to the direction where the voice had come.

"Show yourself!" He shouted into the darkness.

Out of the shadows, emerged a woman and Perseus softened a bit at the sight of her. She had her hands up as if to say that she comes in peace. She was tall, but shorter than him. She had long, black, silky hair that fell just above her waist, her eyes shifted from volcanic black to a beautiful shade of light brown. Her lips were plump and full, so soft looking. She wore a black dress that stopped at her thighs and hugged her enchantingly shaped body, and black heels that only brought her up by a few inches. She was beautiful. Breathtaking even.

"I mean no harm, Perseus." The woman said, though he refused to lower his weapons. His time in Tartarus taught him to always stand guard. Never trust. And to be prepared.

The woman stepped forward slowly, and Perseus tilted his head. He assessed her, his cruel eyes scanning her to find weaknesses. When he found nothing threatening about her, he narrowed his eyes, slowly and hesitantly lowering his blades and sheathing them, but still making sure to keep his hand near the dagger at his pocket.

The woman was relieved when Perseus finally stood down. She knew that he could not possibly kill her, but he definitely had the ability to injure or incapacitate her. The faster she could get her task complete would be better.

Perseus was the first to speak of the two, sparing a glance at Dionysus, who still knelt behind him with a hand on his neck.

"Who are you?" He inquired. "And what do you want?"

The woman smiled sweetly, stepping forward to be closer to Perseus.

He wasted no time in pulling out his dagger and placing the sharp edge on her neck, while grabbing her hair back, tight, though not really wanting to hurt her.

Perseus could feel the shiver go down her back as he made the movement. He brought his lips up to her ear and quietly purred, "Who are you?"

The woman closed her eyes as Perseus held her close. Despite her current situation, she could feel her face grow hot. She bit her lip slightly where Perseus couldn't notice and steeled her nerves.

"I am the Nyx. Primordial of Night."

If Perseus was surprised or even shocked, then his demeanor didn't give away any of those feelings. Instead, he slackened his grip on her and lowered his dagger. He looked over her carefully once more, his gaze burning through her. She stayed quiet and waited for Perseus to speak.

He sheathed his knife. "Well," his voice trailed off, still keeping his gaze on her. "I suppose that explains who you are."

Perseus walked around her slowly, his eyes taking in every aspect of her perfect body as he circled her like a lion to its prey.

"But as I'm sure you remember, my second question was what do you want. Certainly, the goddess of Night would not just come all this way just to say hi to me." He smirked, bringing his lips to her ear. "Would she?"

She blushed lightly, appearing to become more flustered than she had previously been.

"Perseus. I come bearing a request. I would like to propose it to you. Would you allow me?"

She was not afraid of Perseus, even upon her knowing his of capabilities, and while they were dangerous and threatening to her, she knew that he would not hurt her just by the look in his eyes. She knew that the best way to get him to help her, was to be respectful.

He raised an eyebrow at her, the smile never leaving his face. "Do you now? Figures." He chuckled softly. "Go on. I would like to hear this offer of yours."

She hesitated for a short moment. He was intimidating, and his tone sounded the slightest bit condescending. It unsettled her. She cleared her throat.

"Tartarus has declared war on me and the monsters that serve me. Right now, we are in preparation for war, and if I am to be honest with you, it is looking quite hopeless for me right now. I came here to ask your help." She concluded.

When Perseus didn't answer, she looked at him nervously. If he did not agree, then she would most likely fade at the hands of the god of the pit, and her domain would explode into madness. He finally locked eyes with her.

"And you think that I would be your greatest help in this war?" He asked. "Why?"

She slowly strutted up to him, careful not to alarm him or make his guard go up again. She took one of his hands in hers, he let her. "Do not sell yourself short, Perseus. I have admired you for a long time. I watched as you grew from that weak demigod, into a perfect warrior. I can see the strength running through your very veins. You are the best chance. My only chance. Join me Perseus. And I will grant you everything that you could ever want. I will pass my blessing onto you as my champion. I will make you General of my armies. All I ask in return, is that you join me." She proposed. "Will you?"

She used her other hand and placed it on his cheek. She turned his face towards her so that she could look into his eyes, those red irises that would have stricken her as evil on anyone else, but on him, they looked beautiful.
He stared back into her dazzling black and brown ones.

Whatever decision he made, he sure hoped that is it was the right one.

1100words

A/N: At some point, most the chapters are going to come down to this amount of words, so that the story won't seem rushed.

I hope you enjoyed this and the entire book so far.

Do you like my take on Nyx? When I first read House Of Hades, I loved her character. I always said that if I ever wrote a fic like this, I would make her a really nice person.

Anyways, Thanks for reading.