𝟏𝟏 | 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐜
ᵐʸˢᵗᵉʳⁱᵒᵘˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵉⁿᵗʳᵃⁿᶜⁱⁿᵍ

- 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘸 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘴, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐'𝘮 𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 -

______

Sky was filled with white clouds that evening. It was around the ending of summer. The weather wasn't chilly, neither too hot. It was the perfect weather for bird watching and picnic dates.

Mia watched as Dali took soft breaths. She was sleeping so peacefully. After the incident, she hasn't seen her sister so relaxed. She came home earlier than expected last night. Viktor had dropped her off early as she asked for. Viktor didn't seem one bit irritated everytime she talked about her sister. And she was grateful for that.

Dali was already in bed. Mia freshened up and got ready for bed. She didn't brush her hair that night. It was a usual ritual for her to brush her hair before going to bed or else her unruly hair would become a crazy bird's nest the next morning. She had thought about cutting her hair short but Daliah always talked about how she admires Damia's long hair and she would keep her own hair long but her hair won't grow that fast.

Mia sat at the edge of her sister's bed. She caressed Dali's face. Daliah melted into her sister's warmth subconsciously in her sleep.

"I won't let anyone hurt you." She whispered to Daliah's sleeping form.

Morning sun was slowly rising. Damia shifted and turned. She couldn't sleep. She didn't know why exactly she couldn't sleep. She laid down on her back and stared at the ceiling above. Daliah and her had attempted to make their plain room interesting. They had put little star stickers all over the ceiling. They glowed in the dark and the sisters felt like they were sleeping under an ocean of gleaming stars. It was their secret sanctuary.

Damia's mind went over all the nice things in her life. Her parents, her lovely childhood home, the back garden, her sister.

She remembers, she was lonely and didn't have many friends. Daliah had always been outgoing and social. She was good with people and everyone liked her. Nobody would even know of Mia's existence if Daliah didn't tell anyone about her sister. But Dali couldn't always stand back with her. She had her own world. And Damia knew she had to let go of her one friend. When she felt lonely from being alone while Daliah spent time with her friends, Damia would sit in the back garden. Overtime she fell in love with the place. She would go over and talk to her beloved childlike plants.

She would tell them her secrets and woe. She'd tell them things nobody knew about her. She felt at peace around the greeneries.

When she started spending a lot of time in the garden she would occasionally feel a pair of eyes on her. The boy next door would peak through the hole in the wooden fence and look at her while she watered the plants. The first time Damia noticed this, she ran straight to her room. She wasn't very social and didn't know what to do. Gradually she didn't feel so scared anymore. They started talking and became friends. Meeting Tanner was one of the nice moments in her life.