One

❝𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑡𝑜 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟

❝𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑡𝑜 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟.❞

☽︎☾︎

Her eyes opened, flashing a ruby red as she took in her surroundings. The hustle and bustle of passing cars and people was almost deafening after being trapped for so long. Glancing around, she noticed the infamous clock tower she'd seen only in books. Big Ben. That meant she was in London.

Giving a small smile, she tilted her head towards the sky. "Thanks, Mobius." She reached around to her bag, looking through it. In her search, she found an apartment key, a phone, and an ID. And according to the identification, her name was Y/n L/n.

"Alright, now to find the apartment. Well, flat, I suppose," she mumbled. Attached to the key was a small paper with an address, so she plugged it into her phone and started her journey.

She passed couples heading to cafés, a few elderly people feeding the birds, and kids running around while their parents chased them down. The sight made her smile lightly as she reached the complex. She walked inside and was instantly met with an older woman.

"Well hello, dear. I don't think I've seen you before."

"I just moved here. My friend got me a flat. Could you help me find it?"

"Yes I can," she smiled, directing Y/n to the correct flat. After the woman was done explaining, Y/n sent her a smile and headed off. The building was a little offputting and somewhat creepy. She went into the elevator, pressing the correct button on the panel.

As the elevator ascended, she got a feeling in the pit of her stomach. Something unusual was here, and she could tell. As the elevator doors opened, and she gazed down the hallway, she could have swore she saw something or someone standing at the end, but when she blinked, it disappeared. Thinking it was maybe a trick of the light, she walked towards her respective room.

Unlocking the door, she saw a bed against the wall, a few empty bookshelves around it. A door leading to the bathroom was to the left and a window to the left of the piece of furniture. To her right, a small kitchen aligned the wall with another window against the same wall as the other.

"Interesting," she whispered to herself. She stepped fully into the room, closing the door, and placing the key on the table beside the entrance. She placed her bag on the bed and went to the window, pulling it open, and breathing in the crisp air. As she listened to the sounds of the street below, she heard a soft hissing from behind her.

Y/n spun around, noticing that the room was dark, darker than before. Where the door was supposed to be was simply pitch black, as if the door was never there. The hissing filled the air again, and she saw a thin shadow on the floor. The silence that now filled the air was deafening, too much of the silence would definitely drive someone mad.

As she peered into the darkness, she saw a pair of scarlet red eyes, peering out of the darkness at her. She tilted her head in curiosity, and so did the eyes. They kept that eye contact for a few seconds before whatever had the eyes started getting closer at an uncanny speed. Y/n began to scream, but what she noticed next was odd.

In the midst of her screaming, she in turn bolted upright in her bed, and fell off onto the floor.

"Ow..." she whispered. She pushed herself up into a sitting position and glanced towards the door, but the eyes weren't there. Perhaps it was a dream. She stood up and went to the window and peered outside. There was a light fog dancing above the ground and gray clouds filled the sky. Through breaks in the clouds, a few rays of sunshine could be seen.

Y/n smiled gently and turned to look at the empty flat, realizing that she needed to make it more like her but to do that, she needed money. And to get money, she needed a job. So she grabbed the keys, ID, and phone and set out into the city. Several people gave her some sort of greeting as she passed by.

Pretty soon, she looked up and saw a museum. Her face lit up at the sight and she hurried inside. Her jaw dropped slightly as she looked up at the towering ceiling. To her, this museum was a palace. Of course, she hadn't seen much of the world. She'd been a prisoner of HYDRA in her universe, then was taken by the TVA. As she admired the exhibits, she bumped into someone and began to fall, when the figure she bumped into grabbed her arm.

"I am so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going, I'm so sorry!" Y/n apologized.

"You alright, love?"

"Yeah, yeah, fine," she said, looking up at the man. He had dark curls that fell into his dark eyes and even though they just met, she found him cute.

"My names Steven. With a v. Steven Grant," he smiled lightly.

"Mine's W-Y/n. Y/n L/n," she replied, mentally kicking herself for using the name of the person she was a variant of.

"Pleasure to meet you, Y/n."

"Likewise," she replied, glancing down at his hand still holding her arm. He had quite a strong grip, but it was also gentle. Steven noticed what she was looking at and removed his hand, placing it by his side.

"I have a question, actually..."

Steven began to walk beside her further into the museum. "How can I help?"

"I'm actually looking for a job, do you know who I should talk to?"

"Right, you should talk to Donna, yeah? I'll take you to her."

"Oh thank you Steven, I really appreciate it." Steven sent her another smile and grabbed her hand, pulling her through the crowd towards the back of the building. This contact felt different, however Y/n couldn't place how.

Pretty soon, Steven stopped behind a blonde woman and spoke up. "Donna?"

The blonde turned around and gave a slight glare to the sweet man. "Blimey, don't sneak up on people. What do you want, Stevie?"

"It's Steven. Um, my mate here needs a job."

"And?"

"And she was wondering if there was a job she could apply for."

Donna looked Y/n up and down with a slight frown. "What's your name?"

"Y/n L/n," Y/n answered.

"You can work inventory with Stevie. Show your girlfriend around," Donna said, walking away.

"Steven and she's not my girlfriend." Donna didn't respond, but instead walked off to fulfill her tasks. Steven took Y/n into the back room where the inventory was and explained how to sort through the different pieces of merchandise and how to do the job. As they worked, they talked and got to know each other and Y/n was happy that she could consider Steven a friend. He was sweet and kind, and Y/n was grateful for how he treated her.

When they went home, Y/n found that Steven lived in the same complex as her, so they decided that from that day on, they would head to and come home from work together. With a final smile, Steven dropped Y/n off at her flat and went to his. The two went to bed smiling that night knowing that they had a new friend.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

A/N: I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET THIS PUBLISHED AND I AM SORRY IF IT'S NOT GREAT!! I got my Moon Knight motivation back, so I'll try to update this story more. Again, I am so, so sorry this took so long, I hope this was good. Anyways, byeee