Chapter 22- The Truth

Mihaela cleaned up the tables and took orders from customers, life as a muggle wasn't so bad. It was a lot better than the Wizarding World.

"Can I have a name?" 

"Mary." 

"Alright," She wrote down the order and went into the kitchen to make the coffee. She was on top of everything, she was happy. 

"Mary!" She called out, holding a small paper bag. The woman got up to collect her drink, thanking Mihaela and smiling. She went to the tables and saw someone drinking black coffee and reading a newspaper, her blood ran cold when she saw the headline. 

The Daily Prophet

"Daily Prophet?" She asked, going to the man, he lowered the paper and nodded at her, "What's that?" 

"Oh nothing," His voice was raspy and coarse, it made her feel uneasy, "Get me a refill?" 

"Oh of course." She nodded, refilling his coffee. 

"Service is good," He said, looking her up and down, "Miss..." He looked at her name-tag. 

"Olivia Blaine." She lied with a little bow of her head. She changed her whole identity. 

"I will be giving this place a good review." 

"Thank you sir," Mihaela said as she walked away and went to the kitchen. After her shift, Mihaela went home to her daughter who was napping in her crib. She picked her up and cradled her in her arms. 

"Hey angel, momma's home." She smiled and kissed her forehead. She set her baby down back in her crib and got to work on her dinner, she was interrupted by someone knocking on her door. 

"Coming, who is it?" 

"Me..." 

Mihaela threw open the door to see a Lucius Malfoy standing there. He looked at her, she definitely changed over the time that they were apart. He opened his arms for her to hug him but instead she slapped him right across the face. 

"You bastard!" She snapped, he went quiet and closed his eyes, "Do you know how much I missed you?!" 

"Miha..." 

"I fucking hate you!" She yelled in a quiet voice, "I hate you! I hate you!" She continued to slap him a few times, beating on his chest before she cried in his arms. Lucius wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head. 

"It's okay. I'm okay, everything's okay." 

He smirked and gently kissed her neck a few times, "I love you Mihaela." He picked her up and put her against the wall, kissing her lips in a rough manner. Mihaela slapped him across the face again. 

"You say you love me huh?" She snapped, "You wanna fuck me but you don't want to marry me? How does that work?" 

"Shut your mouth." He ordered in a low voice. 

"Oh I thought you liked it wide open!" 

He grabbed her by the neck and slammed her against the wall, "Don't you talk to me like that!" He yelled. 

"Let me go you asshole!" She gasped for breath and grabbed at his hand that was holding her. They continued to fight back and forth for a long time until the sound of a crying baby was heard. Lucius stopped and let her go. 

"What was that?" 

Mihaela went to her room and grabbed Aurora who was crying and waving her arms, "Shhh, shhh, Momma's here. Shhh..." 

She bounced the baby slightly,  Lucius came in behind and froze at the sight. 

"Who's that?" 

"This is Aurora..." Mihaela whispered, "She's my- our baby." 

Lucius went quiet and walked over to the baby, "She's beautiful. She has your eyes..." 

Mihaela passed the baby over to Lucius who held her in his arms softly, "She's... She's... how old is she?" 

"She'll be a year old in December." Mihaela said with a smile, Lucius let a tear fall down and hugged his daughter. 

"Hi little one," He smiles, "Daddy's here. Daddy won't ever let anything hurt you." 

He passed Mihaela the baby back and smiled, "She's beautiful." She put Aurora in her crib and smiled. 

"Lucius..." 

"Miha...." 

She turned around and looked up at him, she reached up and cupped the side of his face with her hand, "I think you should go..."

"What?" 

"Please Lucius.... just go." She whispered, her voice breaking, "Please..." 

Lucius nods and dips his head down to give her one more final kiss. It was sweet and full of love. Mihaela kissed him back and let a tear run down her cheek. 

Lucius kisses her forehead and gives her a weak smile, "I love you Mihaela..." 

She couldn't bring herself to say it back, she was scared. She loved her parents, they were gone. She loved Sirius, he was gone. She was scared that if she said it back, he would be gone too.

 "I love you..." He whispers again before leaving her home. Mihaela locks the door and sinks down, her back against the door. She lets tears run down her face as she silently cries to herself. All she wanted was a happy family. 

She always pictured herself wearing a beautiful white gown, walking down the aisle, meeting her future husband. The marriage.

Then they would have children, her husband would come home from work, she would be cooking dinner. Their child would be on the floor, coloring or playing with their toys. 

Should would be happy, she would have a perfect family, she would grow old with her husband. Now that might not even happen...