Chapter 17

Third Person's POV

Alexandra slowly peels open her eyes and looks around, her eyes scanning the place as confusion over takes her features. The palms of her hand could feel the cool floor of the bathroom as her body shivered from the cold.

She blinked a couple of times before moving to get up from her position, but the sudden ache all over her body stopped her from moving as she held in her breath and squeezed her eyes shut while clutching her ribs.

Whimpers and groans of pain left her lips as she attempted to get into a sitting position.

Leaning back on the tiled wall, she took a moment to properly breathe, but each intake of air, caused a strike of pain on her body.

Once she opened her eyes, she realised how dark it was, completely dark, so she brought her head down and looked at her hands that were placed on top of her thighs, with dried blood on them.

Her memory went back to lunch, what Rubi did. How they brought her to the bathroom and started painting her skin with bruises, her heart beat increasing with each thought.

"Calm down Alexandra," She whispered to herself.

Very slowly and carefully crawling to her backpack, face scrunching in pain, she took her phone that was thrown next to her bag, and turned it on to look at the time.

Her eyes became wide as she read 8:07 pm.

She felt her heart hammering against her chest as the fear of what he might do to her crossed her mind.

Her palms started sweating and her body started trembling with terror and she brought her hands up to her hair, gripping it in frustration, utter fear consuming her body.

Hands went to her chest as she tried to calm down the rapid beating of her heart, but she knew she couldn't do anything about it when her mind was wandering to all the things that could happen if she went home.

Her feet pushed her back until her aching body came in contact with the bathroom wall, where she brought her knees to her chest and hugged it, her fingers scrunching up the fabric of the sweatpants.

Hair stuck to her forehead from the cold sweat, body trembled from fear and eyes glistened with unshed tears from not blinking. Afraid that if she blinked, she would see her own unconscious body on the floor as he hurt her with everything he had.

She needed something, and she needed it now, she needed a distraction, she needed to focus on something else. And she needed proof that this is real and not a dream, that she had time to prepare herself.

She pulled the sleeve of her crewneck up and bit her arm. She bit it as hard as she could until she felt the metal taste of blood.

Moving her head back, she stared at the bite mark on her arm that had little blood gushing out of it, a smile growing on her face at the feeling.

She stayed leaned up on the bathroom wall for a few more minutes, until she decided that it's time to go to her personal hell.

Moving her legs to stand up, a scream of pain escaped her mouth, but that didn't stop her. She pushed herself to stand up despite the intense pain in her body.

She successfully stood and looked at the mirror. Her eyes moved to her collarbone where a dark visible bruise marked its spot. Her hands moved to the hem of her crewneck and lifted it up, eyes moving to the bruise on her stomach and hips.

Her teeth dug into her lips, stopping the sob that wanted to leave her chapped lips.

Alexandra's body was covered in bruises, her soft and smooth skin was replaced with bruises and scars, covering every inch of her body.