Prologue- Regression

Jaune believed in reincarnation, believed that upon death, the soul would inhabit a new body, with memories cleaned and removed, allowing for a new person not defined by their past life to be born.

Which is what he experienced when he died alone, humiliated, and defined by his failures as the world denied him of having his thoughts and desires heard. But even when he is reborn, the memory still clinged unto him and he hoped that one day, those memories would become nothing but a faint whisper of an alien past.

He took a new identity, Otto Apocalypse, youngest son of the Apocalypse household, and also the black sheep of the family. Life was cruel to him he supposed, giving him the same situation he once experienced during his time as Jaune Arc.

Nevertheless he ignored what people would say about him, ignoring what insults his own family would say to him even as they went physical on him despite the frail body he had.

He was all alone, until he met her.

-0-0-0-0-

He was alone on the backyard of his house fixing up the mini ornithopter he created. He never aspired to be a fighter anymore and besides, there were Valkyries- an equivalent of Huntsman but most if not all were women- that fought the Honkai, which was the same as grimm but with them emitting radiation that only women can resist better than men.

Launching the plane forward, he miscalculated the direction of the plane and due to his mistake, the plane flew over the wall.

Otto-as he now accepted himself- groaned, a gloomy expression equipped on his face as he now couldn't get his plane back. The walls were too smooth to climb on and it was just too high for him.

Granted he could make another one, but his creation was too important for him because it was one that he spent days after trying to figure out how a dove flew because he had nothing much to do in a world that was still advancing.

Turning around, he made to leave but stopped when he heard the sound of a girl grunting from the other side of the wall. Curious, he stayed for a few seconds and immediately he fell on his rear to the ground when he saw a head of white locks peek out from the wall, a kid like him with blue eyes and a curious smile on her face, with his invention on her hand.

It was that time when I saw it, for a second, a bright light surrounding her as she filled my dull world with colors that had purpose.

And that was how he, Otto Apocalypse, met Kallen Kaslana.

-0-0-0-0-

Blue-centered green eyes opened and with a grunt, Otto found himself in his destination.

Beginning a long arduous trek towards the World Tree, his strides were slow, not capable of running or any strenuous movements now that he had barely recovered his body, a Soulium avatar that carried his real blood with the nanomachines covering everything else.

Sometimes he would stumble, luckily recovering from the fall but there was one time where he was almost about to give in had it not been for the God Key [Void Archives] projecting an illusion of what he was here for, of what he strived for 500 years, and he was grateful of the sentient core despite their disdain for one another.

He was close, his final objective laid in front of him. What he is about to do now will not be judged, his action will not be dictated by Humanity who deemed him as it's Hero nor the True Heroes that had known his villainy.

No, today, in this moment, his actions will be judged by him, Otto Apocalypse, and nothing will change this moment.

-0-0-0-0- (Thus Spoke Apocalypse)