Q&A

Hello to all my wonderful readers. As I promised, here is the answers to your questions. Hope you enjoy. 

Why the sad ending? Why is Namir a skin-changer?

I am answering both questions at the same time. 

If you have read my other series, 'Luin the Blue', then you know that both books end happily. Luin and Legolas get a happy ending in both The Hobbit and LOTR. Because of that I wanted to explore having a character that was very different to Luin. So I came up with the plot for Namir, which I always intended to leave on a cliffhanger. Luin gets his happy ending, I wanted to explore what could happen if The Hobbit did not end happily for our main character. 

Also, because I wanted to explore writing a story with a character very different to Luin, I created Namir. Luin is a graceful, beautiful cultivator who is clean and kind. He wears multiple layers and fights mostly long distanced. Luin's flaw is that he is always trying to save everyone. Namir is not like that. He is a feral, wild boy who doesn't like wearing much clothing and really doesn't care much about people he does not know. He is blunt and rips orcs apart with his teeth and really does not bother with those he does not like. He enjoys fighting and using trouble. The complete opposite of Luin, my first character. Which was very fun to write. 

They are engaged right? When do they want to marry?

They sort of are engaged, but not officially yet. Legolas and Namir are courting each other, which is done with the intent of marriage. So they will get married someday but there is no plans for the near future. Both are content to take it slow as they have only exchanged a few courting gifts so far. Because of their long lifespans, Elves tend to court for a few hundred years. Although Namir has known Legolas for a long time, Legolas did not know him. So they are taking the time to learn about each other and each other's cultures. They do want to marry the other some day but neither are worried about time. They both live for thousands of years, there is no rush. 

(They thought they had time but then Namir went missing. So you'll have to see what happens in the next book and how their relationship might change). 

Have Legolas and Namir done the deed? And if so who was on top?

As I said above, Elves court each other for a very long time. Forty years to them is not very long. Also I would hazard a guess (my own personal headcanon)that most elves wouldn't view sex in the same way humans and other species do as elves can only have children every seven years. Therefore their culture is not as sex driven as a lot of other societies. 

That being said, skin-changers are different. Their wooing a mate is much simpler than elvish court rituals and by their standards, Legolas and Namir are already practically mates. Both have shown that they can provide for, protect and shelter the other. So I say that they have not had actual sex yet but have come close. Also, to answer the second half of the question, they would switch because neither care much about top/bottom roles. (What they do in the bedroom is their own business and I don't write sex scenes because I am well aware that minors read this stuff and I don't want to fetishise my characters. Sex is not important to the plot but their relationship is, so enjoy  fluff and hurt/comfort. That is all you're getting). 

Can you tell us more about Namir's father?

Do you mean Beorn? Or his blood father?

If you mean Beorn, then he is a original Tolkien character. He is described as looking like a ordinary but giant man when in human form, but has the beast form of an animal. Tolkien actually didn't have much information on Beorn or skin-changers and he is the last of his race. Followers of him were called Beornings and lived in the region between Mirkwood and the misty mountains. In one of the books it is mentioned that he had a son, Grimbeorn, but it is unknown if his son is also a skin-changer or his biological child. Because of this, I am mostly working with the film representation where Beorn is mostly human but has some animal qualities while in human form. In the films he lives alone and is more of a hermit, as he and Namir are in my book. 

If you mean Namir's blood father, the elf who slept with a skin-changer, then he is unknown. Beorn barely knew Namir's birthmother before their race were killed off and therefore did not know Namir's blood father. They know that Namir is half elf  because of his ears and cat-like reflexes even in his human form, but neither have cared. It is assumed that Namir's elf father is dead, most likely killed back in the third age when the skin-changers were slaughtered. For all intent and purposes, Beorn is Namir's father as he is the one who raised and cared for him. Even if Namir's elf father was alive, Namir would not recognise him as such because he sees himself as a skin-changer rather than an elf. 

Has Legolas met Aragorn yet?

No. Not yet. There is still twenty years between Namir going missing and The Lord Of The Rings story beginning. I plan for them to meet during that time frame while Legolas is searching for Namir. Wait for the next book.

There you go. Hope those answers explained enough. I will let you know when the next book is out. Stay tuned.