XL- Taking the cup home

Anna's POV

My elbows rested on my knees and I rested my head in my hands, taking deep breaths in. Everything around me was silent but I couldn't be sure if it was only me cutting out all the noise. I was alone, coming to the lockers much earlier than usual. I had spent yesterday's evening cleaning my broom in the Astronomy tower with my usual music in the background. Pansy hadn't joined me, rather spending her evening with her house. They were probably getting pumped up for the game like some Gryffindors were. Ever since second year, when I had first gotten in the team, I cleaned my broom every night before the game. 

"What are you doing here alone, Potter?" a voice disturbed me from my thoughts. My head snapped up and I saw the Hufflepuff prefect looking at me with an odd smile.

"I'm- I'm cleaning my broom?"  I didn't know what he wanted from me, he had already separated me and Justin when we fought, so I knew who he was. Cedric Diggory.

"You're doing it all wrong," he said and looked around. He extended his hand towards me. "Come on, if you stay here, you'll be caught by someone much less cooler than me." I frowned and simply looked at him. "I'm going to show you a spot and how to actually clean your broom."

I pondered for a bit before nodding. "Fine, I'll follow you. But if you try anything weird you'll be worse than Justin after I took care of him."

He laughed openly and I could barely hold back my smile. He led me to the Astronomy tower and sat down near the edge.

"Are we allowed to be here?" I asked and he shrugged.

"No idea, but there's no classes and the Prefect tours don't include this tower so."

"Oh."

"Do you mind?" He gestured to my broom and I handed it to him. "You can sit down you know."

I shifted on my feet before sitting down next to him. He showed me how I should clean my broom with the objects I currently had before handing me back my broom and letting me do it.

"Is this the first time you've cleaned a broom?"

I hummed, feeling myself blush in embarrassment. "Magical one anyway."

"You live with muggles?" I nodded as I kept cleaning my broom. "How is it? Not having magic in your everyday life?"

"It's fine. You don't notice the first eleven years when you think you're a 'muggle'. It's about a week of adaptation between changes. Like when I go back there and when we arrive here."

"Yeah, it definitely takes time to adjust when I go back home. I have a tendency to use magic for everything I can here. Can't do that at home," he chuckled.

"They also know for you?"

"Also? Have you already received a warning Potter?"

"It wasn't me," I affirmed with a blush.

"You're brother then?"

"I guess you could say that."

"Are you nervous for your first game tomorrow, Potter?"

"Just call me Anna will you? I am more than just a bloody Potter."

He looked at me like he was trying to figure me out. Or maybe he just thought I was crazy. "What's so wrong with being a Potter?"

"Everyone's always like 'Oh my god, it's Harry Potter!' 'Wow! it's the boy who lived!' 'So sad, poor boy is an orphan'. Well he's not the only orphan there. He's not the only one who's parents sacrificed themselves for."