𝟐𝟔. confession

WHITE FLAG

chapter twenty-six : confession
{ season two - episode nine }

chapter twenty-six : confession{ season two - episode nine }

"WE'RE GONNA HEAD out and look for the others. They've been out for too long," Zayn informed his younger sister, leaning against the doorframe. Kloe was still in the room with Maggie, Beth and Isabelle. Her side still wasn't fully healed, and it needed to get checked on by Hershel. It still hurt every time she moved, so she still had to be careful.

"Okay, please stay safe," Kloe nodded, softly smiling at him. But her smile faltered when she heard an engine outside of the house.

Zayn also noticed and quickly went over to the window. "Took them long enough," he said, turning around to face the girls. Kloe's whole stomach did a flip as she quickly rose to her feet. She instantly regretted getting up too quickly as soon as Kloe felt the burning pain rush through her from her side.

Thankfully, Isabelle was close enough to steady her. Kloe muttered out a thank you as they all headed to the front door. She just needed to see if everyone was okay and made it back safe, then her stomach could settle.

Carol was in front of them all and pushed the door open. Kloe met the warm breeze hit her face and she stepped out the house, immediately squinting her eyes from the bright light.

As Zayn, Kloe and Isabelle stepped down the porch steps, the first thing they saw was Rick swiftly getting out of the car. Carl, who was in front, instantly ran over to his father and wrapped his arms around him, "Dad!"

Rick then wrapped his arms around his wife, and on the side, Kloe noticed Shane staring at the two. His face was unreadable, but anyone could sense the jealousy from a mile away.

Kloe's attention quickly whipped over to the sound of two car doors slamming shut. Her heart sank into her stomach when she saw him already looking over at her. As she went to softly smile, he broke away from their gaze and stared at the ground as if something just shattered him. He walked away with the rifle in his hand, but kept his eyes away from everyone, especially Kloe. She was confused. But she didn't do anything.

"Are you hurt?" Lori asked, checking over her husband.

"No, but what happened to you?" he cupped his wife's cheek with his hand, a look of worry present in his eyes.

"I was in a car accident."

"Accident? How?"

"I went looking for you," she narrowed her eyes at her husband.

"Snuck out on her own," Shane spoke up. "Brought her back."

"Are you crazy? You could've-"

"Who the hell is that?" T-Dog pointed toward the car, resulting in everyone simultaneously looking in that direction. Kloe squinted her eyes, making out the figure that was unconscious in the back of the car.