Chapter 44

As soon as the car starts moving, I start asking questions.

"Is it a big school or small?"

"Big" answers Valerio.

"Are you guys popular, please tell me you're not"

"We are" says Atlas with a smug smile on his face, "lots of girls want us while guys want to be us" he says.

I roll my eyes, "you sound like a dumb idiot" I tell him.

The twins snicker while Atlas slightly glares at me.

"Anyway, which teacher should I look out for" I then ask.

"Math" they all say together.

"Damn, so bad?"

"Yeah" Valentino confirms.

I nod my head and slowly start to relax in my seat.

I'm sitting behind Valentino who is sitting in the passenger seat while Atlas sits behind Valerio who is in the drivers seat.

I keep quiet for the rest of the ride to school while music blasts through the car.

I'm a little nervous for today but...I don't know, it's nothing big really.

When we finally arrive at school, we get out of the car.

People immediately turn and look at us.

Fucking hell.

Atlas wraps his arm around my shoulder while smirking a little, "this is great" he says.

"It's not" I tell him.

"It is, now it turns out that we almost have all our classes together" he smiles.

"How fun" I say sarcastically.

"Hey" he slightly pushes me a little but quickly holds me close to him again.

"Atlas be careful, if I fall with these crutches I will shove them up your ass" I threaten.

He gulps a little when he notices the seriousness in my voice.

"I was just joking, calm down woman"

"Atlas don't tell me to calm down, I am calm"

"You're nervous" he says.

"I am not nervous"

"You are, you have that slight edge in your voice, your body is tensed up and you're breathing heavier then normally- your-"

I cut him off, "okay, okay stop"

"So you admit it" he says.

I keep quiet.

"Coma on Ena- don't be scared. Your big brother is here" he says while pulling me even closer to him.

"You're older by one minute, that's not a lot"

"Still older"

I shrug my shoulders, "sure"

"No but seriously, you don't have to worry about today Ena. You're awesome and the others will soon enough realize that too. If something's bothering you, you can just come to us okay. I can talk to you but I can also beat someone up if I have to. At lunch just come sit with us okay, I'm sure you'll make friends soon" he says reassuringly.

I nod my head while we walk inside the place and Atlas leads me to my locker while the twins take off but not before wishing me good luck, telling me that they'll see me at lunch and saying that if something's wrong I have to call them.

Forgot to tell you but I got a new phone, iPad, laptop and all that stuff a few days ago where they all placed their numbers in.

Atlas walks me to my locker which code and place we already know through the info we got about this school and stuff yesterday.

I open my locker and see that all my stuff is in there already.

"Which class do we have after home room?" I ask him.

"English" he says.

I nod my head and throw my English books in my bag just like my pencil case while making sure not to damage my laptop in the process.

"Atlas" I say

"Yeah"

"I've never had any friends except for Ares" I tell him.

He's quiet, not knowing what to say.

"It was too difficult back then. I didn't have my mom taking care of me so I was just trying to survive. It was all I ever thought about. I always felt lonely but it's only now that I'm starting to realize how lonely I actually felt now that I have you standing at my side" I ramble on a little.

He looks at me and stops walking which makes me stop walking too, he pulls me into his arms making me almost trip over my feet.

"Atlas don't feel bad for me, I'm okay, it's just a realization" I tell him.

I don't know why I told him that.

It just felt sort of right, I feel really comfortable and safe when I'm with Atlas. Things I would normally never say to anyone, I'm starting to tell to Atlas.

I hug him back even though my crutches are on the brink of falling at this point.

He snuggles his head in my hair while my face I cuddled into his chest.

"Ena-" he trails off not really knowing what to say

"Don't, it's okay, you don't have to say anything." I tell him reassuringly

"Just c-can you just hold me for a second?" I ask him barely above a whisper as I close my eyes, ready to take the rejection.

He nods his head, "of course, I'd like nothing more" he says while tightening his hold.

"Thank you" I whisper.

"Don't thank me" he says

I relax in his hold as I let all the stress and fear for today disappear.

It'll all be okay.

I can do this

Why should I care about the fact that there might be some people who won't like me.

Like fuck them.

Them not liking me won't change me.

I'll still be the girl who smocks weed to relieve pain, who kills and fights people in her spare time but for some reason still gets shy in a lot of situations.

Atlas holds me until I get my shit back together and I'm ready to face some teenage monsters.

Slowly we release the hug and start walking to the classroom we are supposed to go to.

Before Atlas kicks the door open I quickly ask him one more question, "what's our headteacher's name?"