Fourteen ♡︎

[Sorry for any mistakes]

Well~ 🤧

They started eating after their food was served, talking, "thank you for taking me out today

They started eating after their food was served, talking, "thank you for taking me out today. But you still haven't told me why this suddenly" taehyung ask through half way of his food. Jungkook flinched invisibly at that. Of course, it went unnoticed why the younger male.

Taehyung didn't bother to ask him yesterday why he wanted to take me out. He couldn't even think of anything else at that moment. It just got him speechless. So now he wants to know why the older male change like this towards him. Has he.. finally accepted his feelings, his he going to confess that he likes him as well- taehyung snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the cling sound from the cutlery.

Jungkook stops eating. He sat there in silence for one minute before he brings out a envelop from his jacket. Taehyung wonders what else was in his jacket or can go in. He chuckles at that thought, but why document? his eyebrow drew together in confusion when. Then the older drop his first statement.

"I shouldn't have come up with this from the start," jungkook uttered, his tone blank with no emotions, making taehyung shift in his seat uncomfortably. "u-uh," taehyung shutter, but jungkook ignore and continue. "and I'm sorry for that. I didn't realise you will fall for me, and I-I respect your feelings. However, I know you deserve better, someone much better. In addition, that person is not me tae. I can't, I can't return your feeling, I'm sorry, I just don't feel the same way, so please let stop," Ignoring voice screaming in to him to stop.

He says and removes the paper from the document; the contract written on it. Taehyung heart crumbles at this. He doesn't understand. He thought they were making progress. That they are finally going to take things to the next level. Taehyung knew he shouldn't have gotten his hope high.

Tae move his blurry gaze to the paper, and back to jungkook who was staring down at his remaining food, he could feel the younger gaze. He already signed.

He is too stunned to react or say anything. He wonders how he is still even breathing because he can't feel his heart at this point. Taehyung feels like screaming, more like crying. This like a big slap on his face. He has got his heart broken into pieces.

Taehyung bites his lips from letting out a sob as he looks away from pape. Pushing down the lump forming in his throat, with a shakily breathe. he inhales and exhales. If this is what the older wants, then so be it. He is tired. Then straighten his back and look up with a forced smile.

Jungkook notices the movement. He snapped his head up when he heard the pen cap open. He watches with his teeth gritted hard, shaking his head mentally. Jungkook shouldn't feel bad. He is doing the right thing. He doesn't feel the same way, and he has proved it. Then why does this feel so wrong? Why is he now hurting from this? He knows, but is too scared to admit anything.

Jungkook gulped hard when taehyung finally sign "There, all done" Taehyung says. Jungkook tightens his shaky hand and collects the paper and put them back in the envelop. "Now let finish the dinner," Taehyung said, shocking jungkook.  ' at least for the last time, let me be close to you' Taehyung thoughts. With a tight smile, he ate. Jungkook swallow hard but ate as well, ' for the last time' Jungkook thoughts.

After dinner, they walk out,

They both stand in front of the restaurant for some second before taehyung gathered the courage to speak. He turns to jungkook with a small smile, "I can-" "I'm not sorry" Taehyung suddenly utter out, confusing jungkook.

"I'm not sorry for falling in love you I'm not sorry for wanting you or wanting to be with you. I'm thankful that I get to be close to you. You made me feel wanted even when you don't see it, or know it, you make I feel alive. I'm not sorry about the time we had together. It was bittersweet. I never asked you to be perfect because I love you the way you are. But I'm so sorry for pushing you this far. I couldn't control my feelings, that made me forget the limits. I crossed the line a lot, and I'm sorry for that," Taehyung stops blinking away glossy eyes.

Jungkook stood completely still. He wants the pain he is feeling from his chest to stop. He listens to the younger holding his breath. Taehyung continue "since this is it, thank you for everything, and also thank you for Today's dinner MR Jeon" with that Taehyung smile, bow and walk away.

Jungkook watches as the male walks down the restaurant in slow motion. Something keeps screaming at him to run after him. He watches as the younger male slowly disappears from his view. Jungkook flinched when he felt wetness on his cheeks. With a slow hand he touches, "w-why, why am I crying" he wipe off his tears vigorously, 'I did the right thing! This was bound to happen anyway!' he thoughts, "this-this is right," he mumbled in a shaky tone.
_________
:) 💖💙💖