6

-The Next Few Days-

"Charlie, shh, she's still asleep. We got to be quiet," I hear as I open my eyes a little to see Charlie and Isa kneeling on the empty side of my bed.

"Can I help you two?" I asked as I give a small smirk, knowing what they were probably going to ask. I decided to not tell them for a few days, Anthony is doing the same, thought the element of surprise is good.

"So, did Anthony ask?" Isa asked with a very curious look as I fake a confused look, "Ask me what?" and I straighten myself up in the bed.

"Oh come on sister, did Anthony ask for you to join him in courtship?" Charlie says as he peers into my face for any sign of the answer.

I smile and respond, "You two are way too nosey for my liking, but yes, he asked. I told him my requests which he happily understands, having to had put a few on his own in there, and I accept. We are now courting each other." Isa squeals in happiness as she engulfs me in a hug as Charlie is jumping on the bed.

"We're so happy for you! You deserve all the happiness in the world," Isa says as she grabs Charlie to stop him from jumping and smiles big at me, making me laugh.

"You deserve happiness too when that time of your lives comes. You find someone who looks at you the way you're supposed to be looked at, with love, and who makes you happy beyond all reasons," I said as I put my hands underneath Isa's and Charlie's chins.

"Miss L/N, it's time for tea with Lady Bridgerton, Miss Bridgerton, and Lady Berbrooke," Josie says as she shows a small smile at the sight in front of her.

Oh right, I'm supposed to be there to help distract Nigel's mother while the maids are to get the details that would help Daphne get out of the marriage and possibly ruin Nigel's reputation to the ton.

"Okay you two, off the bed, so that I can get dressed and prepared myself for the conversations that are going to happen," I said as I get up to dress nicely for the event as Isa give a curious look and asked, "Are you sure the plan is going to work?"

"Only can hope for the best, we need it to work if we're to make the license null and void as well as save the Bridgertons' reputation," I respond as I finish up and kiss Isa & Charlie on the top of their heads, "Behave as always and I'll be back in time for dinner." as I exit my bedroom and head to the Bridgerton estate.

-During Tea-
I hate this. I hate this so much right now. Why did I even agree to do this in the first place?

The whole time, this woman is rambling on and on about how "special" her Nigel was and how she was so happy to hear about the engagement that Daphne never wanted to go through. The tipping point was when she said something about Daphne's weight and how she must be well fed if she were to bear children, which made me more uncomfortable than ever, and then after she left, I let out a breath that I was holding and saw Mrs. Wilson & Rose let down their mask of composure, they found something.

"What have you found?" Violet asked as Daphne looks confused and also ask, "What's going on?" as she and I go to stand close to where Violet was.

"You could not think I'd ask that woman for tea without a thought for you, could you? The help hears everything, as we all know," Violet says as she turns her attention back to Rose.

"She has heard a good deal, in fact. Lord Berbrooke has a boy by one of his maids that he refused to provide for. Sent the maid and child away to live off scraps," Rose said as Violet, Daphne, and I look at her in shock as Mrs. Wilson added, "Horrible man."

"Horrible enough for us to be rid of him, let us pray," Violet says as I look towards Daphne, who doesn't look like she's believing what her mother is saying.