vii. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭

"He said he was building something

"He said he was building something." El told the group as they sat together on the couch. Lucas put his hand on top of Cassies when he saw her shift slightly. "That it was all for me."

"Building something?" Max asked before looking over toward Nancy. "Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be." the oldest Wheeler said honestly.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas nodded as he paced slightly.

"He's building it to spread." Mike nodded alongside his words.

"Like a deadly disease that wants to damage the hearts of others, tearing them apart one by one." Cassie nodded her head.

"To stop Eleven." Will finished the confirmation.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike nodded his head, dark eyes darting around the room.

"Like, royally." Lucas added alongside his words. Cassie leaned her head to the side slightly, their shoulders pressed together.

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way-"Mike began, being cut off.

"Game over." Lucas confirmed.

"He also said that he was gonna kill all of you." El added.

"Thats nice." Max spoke as she looked forward again.

"Kill us." Cassie swallowed as she nodded, standing up. Max hit Lucas in the leg to encourage him to follow her, Lucas stood and rubbed her arms comfortingly.

Nancy's body gave a shutter, leaning off the wall and walking near the window. "Do you guys hear that?"

They all went silent to listen to what she's been talking about before Jonathan spoke up. "It's just the fireworks."

"Billy." Nancy spoke as she spun around to El. "When he told you this, it was here, in this room?"

El nodded her head.

Cassie looked over. "He has to know we're hidden here."

"He knows?" Max turned back to them, the loud noise over filling the cabin as they each looked up alarmed. Lucas grabbed Cassie and pulled her behind him quickly.

"He knows we're here." Will confirmed for them, his hand placed on the back of his neck. Lucas reached for Cassies hand, giving her a reassuring nod as she took it, following everyone else. Walking down the steps of the cabin, the group all looked at the rustling trees, the Mind Flayer before them screeched loudly their way.

"No, no, no." Cassie panicked, running back inside first.

"We need to block the walls." Mike nodded as they all searched for wood, nails, anything that they could use to baracate themselves in Hoppers cabin.