Historical Fiction and Romance

It is apparent that some authors and writers don't know what historical fiction and romance is when they write it.

Let me clarify it for everyone- first of all, historical fiction is a genre of creative writing and historical fiction is based on history, but it is fiction and fiction are based on imagery, people and events, but it does require research. From the writer or author.

Historical Fiction can also blend in a real family taken from history and you trace their ancestry back and you bring their descendants into the future.

You must know genealogy and know how to research it.

Let's take the Bridgeton's and their time period which covers the time of King George III and Queen Charlotte. Of England.

The Bridgeton's is a Historical Fiction that takes place in Regency England, and it starts during the reign of King George III of England.

Ask yourself this - If Queen Charlotte is supposed to be a bi-racial queen, how can her nephew, Prince Frederick of Prussia be white as snow?

Each of the author's novels cover a Bridgeton sibling beginning with Daphane , the oldest daughter marrying the Duke of Hastings when no such person existed in English history.

English history does list a Baron Hastings, however.

When Daphne is found in the garden with the Duke of Hastings. It is her eldest brother, Lord Anthony that insists he marries his sister.

Lord Anthony challenged The Duke of Hasting to a duel and in which case one dies, and one lives.

What gives Lord Anthony the ideal that his sister has been compromised when he sleeps with every harlot in England.

In the second season, we see Lord Anthony looking for a wife and he scribes every eligible young woman off his list because he doesn't deem them worthy enough to marry or to say the least they don't measure up to his high standards.

What is amazing is Lady Kate when she puts Lord Anthony in his place and he can't handle it, but it just makes him more eager for her.

In the beginning they loathe each other, and it turns into a I love you - I hate you relationship, but in the end they marry each other.

Historical Fiction must be researched too and without research it can be inaccurate.

Historical Romance is based on characters - either real or fiction, but one must research the period of history, the background of the person, the customs, the religion of the time and the mannerism.

Romance is love, affection, tasteful erotica and takes imagination.

Naturally if you publish your novel. You can't add any pictures in your novel.

Every picture tells a story.

The best thing about writing on an online writing site and depending on the site may allow you to add pictures and even music which will enhance your chapter.

Every online writing site is different.  and they may remove your account for no reason and not give you an explanation.

I recommend storywrite.com, writerscafe.org, and wattpad.com, but I highly recommend you stay clear of Booksie.com as they will remove and close down your account for no reason.

Some writing sites may tell you have to be 16 years old to join.

We don't write to become rich. We write to express ourselves and because it is a passion and one other thing it is bad taste to ask people to read what you write.

You have to believe in yourself and what you write.

Writers write to tell a story and they do their research and they start to write.

My fellow sister writers and I share a Pinterest.com site with our many pictures that we use in our novels.

We also have storywrite.com sites and writerscafe.org and we are excited to share our novels with those who love to read.

We will never ask you to read our novels, but we do ask you to be respectful because if you don't,  we will mute you.

We don't like internet trolls that go from one sight and say nasty things in the comment section.

Our creator of our NobleHouseofHowardStories was created by Diamondgirl_55 and she is our editor.

She does all the research for us and by the way she received an A in Legal Research and Writing and graduated from Long Ridge Writing Program in Long Ridge, Connecticut with a Bachelor Degree in Creative Writing.

Our Pinterest site was created by Ladybytheake54 and her name is Susan Elizabeth Howard.

We have additional Pinterest Boards, and some are opened to people to follow us and for the most part they are closed boards.

Thank you for reading our many NobleHouseofHowardNovels and we hope that you enjoy them.

Blessed Be,

Elizabeth Charlotte Anderson.