semper domum rediens

(M/N) packed a few bags that night, unsure of how long he'd truly be gone

(M/N) packed a few bags that night, unsure of how long he'd truly be gone. He also hired a caretaker for Mr. Taniguchi, made sure to pack envelopes of back-up funds for the old man, and set up a replacement schedule for the daycare with his co-workers. "Just how do you get these things done so quickly and smoothly, my dear? And where is all this money just pouring in from?" Gojou asked with a sly grin, a hand moving to rest on (M/N)'s waist.

(M/N) smacked his hand away with a smirk. "Stop calling me that," he scoffed. "And when you take a small bit of Jujutsu Tech's money in order to lease and own a daycare center in a busy part of Okinawa, cash comes in a little quicker than you'd think."

Gojou grinned mischievously in understanding, releasing his hold on the man. (M/N) finished his preparations and said farewell to Taniguchi, then checked the time. "Before we go, I have to stop by the daycare and say goodbye to the kids," he mentioned, grabbing his bags and rolling them out the bedroom door.

"Where are you going?"

(M/N) looked back at Gojou with a confused look before it dawned on him why Gojou would ask such a ridiculous thing. "No, absolutely not," he immediately refused, stepping back as Gojou's cheeky smile only grew wider and he stepped closer to the other man. "Satoru, I don't do the teleporting thing, you know that-!" He yelped as Gojou touched his shoulder and the two flashed out of existence for a moment. They flashed back into reality in front of (M/N)'s daycare, causing (M/N) to pant with terror while Gojou giggled goofily. "Stupid! I hate that!" (M/N) whined, leaving his bags with Gojou on the sidewalk as he stepped towards the door. "I'll be back soon. Don't do anything stupid."

"I would never! How could you-?"

(M/N) ignored him, heading inside and greeting Hatanaka, one of (M/N)'s co-workers that would be replacing him while he was gone. Soon, the students realized that their caretaker had walked in and all began to greet him. "Hello, my dears! I can't stay for long, but I have to have a very serious chat with you all," he said sweetly, sitting down in the center of the reading corner's rug.

"(L/N)-san, why is Mr. Hatanaka here today? You're supposed to be our teacher for the week!" Kameko whined, sitting next to the man. The other children murmured and yelled in conformity, causing a bittersweet smile to slip on to the man's face.

He crossed his legs criss-cross applesauce, his kids soon doing the same. (M/N) anxiously tapped his fingers on his lap before he began to speak. "Kiddos, you all know how much I love each of you and how I wouldn't give up being your teacher for anything in the world. Unfortunately, though, I have to leave you all for a while," he said quickly, feeling guilt prick in his heart when he saw the kids' disappointed faces all start to form. "I have some important business back in Tokyo with some old friends. I promise, I will try to come back to you all as soon as possible. For now, I need you all to be the wonderful little students I know you are and don't miss me too much, alright?"

There was silence. Then, the kids all began to cry and run to him, hugging him tightly. "D-Don't leave us!" One begged.

"Is this because of the big bad yesterday?!"