76. Exsanguination

As a trained agent, Mobius really believed his presence was required in every mission, no matter how risky.

As a worried friend and lover, Loki really believed this was absolutely, undoubtedly the last straw. He wasn't about to do nothing and let Mobius carelessly throw himself in danger anymore. Not after the last incident nearly costed Mobius his life.

///

The prompt used in this fic was made by promptsforyourwhumpfic on Tumblr, and it was requested to me by argetlam007 also on Tumblr.

Pairing: Loki/Mobius M. Mobius

///

"Oh," Mobius let out a soft, small (painful) noise, as he looked down at the red, sticky liquid soaking his hand. This couldn't be good then. The fact he was feeling dizzy, like the world spun too fast and he was having a hard time trying to keep his footing so that he wouldn't double over, wasn't helping, either.

And he knew, the first thing he should've done, was get back to the team so that he could receive help. Mobius couldn't do that, not when there were people — innocent people — trapped under debris and stuff, and he had to make sure they were rescued and safe first.

By the time he'd made sure of that, it appeared his own body was already on its way of shutting down, after having its injured ignored for so long. But it was something Mobius had expected when he chose to put other people first.

He'd been stabbed before, twice, to be precise, during his years as an analyst, specialized in dangerous variants, before he even met Loki. His Loki. And he was starting to wonder if this might actually be worse than getting stabbed through the liver. He could feel it — and maybe this was the most sickening part of it all — the coldness of the metal, a shrapnel, shifted inside him each time he took a step, a breath. And it was getting more difficult, as seconds went by, to suppress the scream from tearing its way out his throat.

Can't say I didn't want you, he could hear it, clear as day, Ravonna's voice ringing in his head. But maybe that was just the ringing in his ears, after the explosion that almost killed him for good. This mission will be a dangerous one, Mobius. We have our team, trained specifically for this. You don't have to go, she had said, prior to... well, to this. And here Mobius was, stubborn as always.

He staggered once, twice, nearly tripped, and had to lean against what was left of the nearest wall to try to catch his breath, it felt like fire burning all the way down to his lungs, the excruciating pain that made him wonder if his insides really did get cut to pieces and he was only alive merely because of the adrenaline rushing through his system, and once that was gone...

The smoke was starting to settle down, thus his vision thankfully got a bit clearer. At least he could see where he was going now. Mobius figured his best shot of survival would be to get back to the team as fast as his body was able. There was a chance — high chances — of him bleeding out on the spot, considering how fast blood was gushing out of the deep slash on his abdomen, a result from the explosion, turning the white of his shirt a dark shade of red.

He removed his jacket then, wrapping it tightly around his waist. At least it could slow down the bleeding, and if he was lucky enough, he might make it to the team without anyone noticing the wound. Because it'd freak them out, especially Loki, and Mobius wouldn't want that. He could... tend to it on his own, when he was alone with no one around. He just needed to get back to his place, then he'd be fine.

He'd be fine.

Mobius gritted his teeth and started walking. He just had to stay alive long enough until he could access to the medical equipments in his room.