Chapter 22

Brilliant hues of blue, yellow and orange paint the sky, it was a sign that the sun was rising. Birds chirping in the distance, the sound of the wind blowing softly, and the solace within the silence. It was a beautiful morning that highlighted mother nature's beauty to the fullest.

Tired... A state Y/n feels on a daily basis. The sun's rays rested on her tired face, seeming to make the dark bags under her eyes even more noticeable. It's been 3 days since Sana arrived to world 5, and the trainee hasn't gotten proper sleep since then.

Always stuck on guarding duties and patrols, she barely had any time to rest because of Jieun always checking on her. Meeting her friends also proved to be a difficult task, they were assigned to different places and were ordered to not leave unless necessary.

Thus, she's been bored and exhausted in the garden for days. Sana didn't come out of the castle after their encounter, so no one has kept her company whenever it wasn't break time─ well, all she does during her resting hours was sleep or eat, so that was to be expected. There was no time for anything else.

Y/n groaned while putting her mask on. "I wish Sana would go home already, I wanna sleep so badly..."

"It's rude to say that to a queen, y'know? You'll get severe punishment if you ever say such things to her face" A voice that interrupted her uneventful morning made her look back to see who it was.

An unexpected face entered her field of vision as she abruptly stood up from the bench. "Lady Yoo!"

"You sure do look tired. Guarding duty has always been boring, so I understand how you feel" The elite knight laughed while plopping down next to Y/n's seat, arms and legs crossed.

"We- Well, yes" The masked girl sat back down with slight hesitation in her movements. "But I have no choice, the Great Holy Knight assigned me here so I can't escape"

"Your aunt is scary, isn't she?" Jeongyeon's sigh contained both fear and amusement. "I'm just glad I don't have to see her everyday. You must have it tough, huh? Considering how you're her niece and all that"

Y/n couldn't agree more. Even if their aunt and niece relationship was just for show, Jieun acted as if they were really blood related by keeping an eye on her all the time. Having someone lecture her for the littlest things was the worse.

Tzuyu, being a veteran at all her aunt's pointless scolding, ends up comforting Y/n every time she gets an earful. Pats on the back, small encouragements, and words to cheer her up─ she did everything that she learned from Mina.

It was times like those when Tzuyu would actually be willing to show some affection. Lee Jieun is a good person, a wonderful one even─ but her way of hiding the fact that she cares was slightly cruel.

"She is indeed scary, but that doesn't make her any less kind. You could say she's just like Tzuyu, a tsundere"

"Tsu... Tsun... Tsunde─ What?"

"Someone who acts like they don't care, but actually does. Like aunt, like niece, am I right?" Y/n laughed along with Jeongyeon who completely agreed with her. Tzuyu and Jieun were terrifying, but not terrible...

Jeongyeon and her got along quite well─ the latter noticed that after her uneasiness faded the more they chatted. The knight was pretty laid-back, so she was easy to talk to. Her jokes were lame, but that's what made them funny.