scary movies (requested)

"That movie is over, time for me to pick one," Sana said with a big smile on her face, her hand stuck out for you to hand her the remote.

You hesitantly placed the remote in her hand before you put your head on your shoulder and watched her return from the Netflix home page.

Clicking on genre, she went to the horror section, and your eyes went wide.

"Sana, please no scary movies," you whined.

"Hey, it's my turn to pick. I want to watch something different. We've watched a lot of comedy and drama lately. Let me pick one horror film, just once."

You hate horror movies and Sana knows this.

But she was right.

It was only fair that she gets to turn on something she wants to watch too.

So, you didn't protest any further, not even when she turned on the new Halloween film and it started to play.

"I hear this movie is great!" She excitedly said.

You, however, didn't feel all that excited.

You felt frightened by the music alone.

It was eerie and gave you the creeps.

But, for Sana, you tried your very hardest to stick it out.

For the most part, you hid during the movie. Whether that was behind your hands, under the blanket, or in her shirt. You barely watched the movie, only watching a moment or two when it was as scary as some of the other scenes.

"There's supposed to be another one coming out this year. Want to watch it with me?" She asked as the end credits appeared and you lifted the blanket off of your head.

"I don't know." You spoke quietly before turning off the tv, not even wanting to listen to that song for a second longer.

"Okay. Time for bed. It's getting late."

You frowned at her words.

"Right now?"

"Baby, it's almost midnight."

You completely lost track of time.

You had no idea it was that late when your movie ended, before she turned her pick on.

"Come on. We'll go up to bed and relax."

Relax.

You weren't so sure you could do that.

You had the screams and the glimpses of the creepy masked killer in your brain.

Relaxing wasn't going to be so easy.

Sana got up and walked across the room, turning off the lights.

"Sana!" You gasped as everything turned pitch black.

"I'm sorry, sweet girl. I thought you were right behind me."

She turned the light back on and you slowly stood up and walked to her, reaching for her hand right away.

"You locked the door, right?"

"Yes, darling. It's locked." She promised.

"Do you want to check it? Just to be certain?"

"No, my love. I know, for certain, that it's locked, I swear it." She assured as you reached the bedroom.

She turned the lamp on before you brushed your teeth together and then crawled into bed.

She yawned before turning the lamp off, causing the room to turn dark.

"Sana?" You spoke a few seconds later.

"Yeah, baby?" She mumbled.

"I need you to hold me."

She chuckled but scooted closer to you before pulling you into her arms.

You put your head on her chest and tangled your legs with hers.

"You better not leave me for even a minute tonight." You said, kinda joking while also being a little serious. "And you're positive you locked the door, right?"

"Yes, sweet girl. I'm positive." She giggled and kissed your head. "You're scared, huh? That movie frightened you?"

"Well, it is called a scary movie."

She laughed in response.

"But, yes. I am. I've always been scared of them. But that was especially scary."

"I'm sorry. I didn't think it was scary though."

You rolled your eyes and she chuckled, kissing your head.

"You're safe. It was just a movie. Michael isn't real, it's just a scary movie character. I've got you. You know no one is going to hurt you when I'm with you."

"I know." You sighed. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Do you feel any better?"

"I think I can get to sleep. I feel safe in your arms. Just don't let me go."

"I won't, sweet girl. I promise. I'm not going anywhere." She said and played with your hair as you fell asleep together, holding each other tightly.