CHAPTER 85. Puzzle Trouble

I threw up twice last night, 😅 I think I ate something bad at work, but either way my first job was cancelled this morning.

I'll have to call my second later - but hey, more updates right? I feel fine, even though I only slept four hours. 😇

"I can't find the last side piece," Fin announced as we sifted through two thousand puzzle pieces. It was supposed be a picture of a whole bunch of small characters on a soccer doing silly stuff.

Eh, it was a Dutch puzzle, so that might explain it a little. So, instead of soccer, should I call it a football field? America makes everything confusing.

"Here it is!" Fallon put the piece in place and glanced at me. I gave him a side hug.

"Good job Fallon! Ooh, can I put together the tree? I like how they're all climbing to escape from the bear- I feel that on a spiritual level." I sifted through the mountainous pile as Fin nodded.

"I'll do the sky- Fallon, what do you want to put together?"

Fallon touched the puzzle and gazed at the box with curiosity. "I can work the the goals," he decided and bent his head, curly hair brushing into his eyes.

Momentarily distracted, I touched his hair, once more reminded of how soft it was. Not that I wanted curly hair, I'd seen how much effort Fallon had to put forth to take care of his hair.

I hummed under my breath and picked through until I began finding pieces that might go with what I was trying to put together. The beginning of the puzzle was always the hardest.

I aimlessly attempted to put any two things together for at least twenty minutes. Then finally- after so long and much effort - "Fin! Fallon! Look!"

Fin peered over and smiled at the pieces I put together. "That's great Raven, how about another one? Here," he reached over and my lips parted in outrage as he clicked a piece in with no failed attempts. "How's that?"

"How'd you do that?" I whined and gazed at how much of the puzzle he managed to fit together.

Fin smiled slightly. "I do a few more of these than you do," he told me lightly.

I laid a few puzzle pieces in my hand and glanced at them before looking at Fin. "How come you do so many anyway? I get frustrated too fast,"

Fin laughed and clicked more things together. "It calms my mind, and Raven, you don't have much attention span. I'm surprised you're still in here with Fallon and me,"

I blushed and looked down. "Just gonna call me out huh?" I dropped the colorful pieces and looked at Fallon's progress. He was doing really well, all of his focus on figuring out what went where.

I placed my elbow on the table and leaned my chin against it, watching him move. Fallen was like the opposite of River and Nicholas, they had no wasted movements, and did well at hiding emotions.

Fallon fumbled with the pieces, face an open book of absolute pure cuteness. He felt my gaze and met my eyes, smiling a little, gray eyes warm.

"You're staring," Fallen pointed out, ears and cheeks turning a light pink. I laughed and kept looking at the perfection that was Fallen.

"That's your fault, for being so adorable," I told him and giggled as he ducked his head bashfully.

Fin paused in his work and glanced at me. "You look tired,"

My lips twisted. "Yeah, I really should have taken a nap," Fin looked confused, so I attempted to clarify while saving my dignity. "Little space," my cheeks blazed. "I was being picky... and a smidge difficult."