2

"What do you mean you lost it? You can't take care of a single shipment

"What do you mean you lost it? You can't take care of a single shipment. What the fuck do I pay you for?"

My phone rang in between my yelling session. Fishing it out of my pocket I saw an unknown number. Must be one of our men.

"What?"

"Uh... Hello sir. Am I speaking to Mr. Daemon King?"

"Yes. Who's this?"

"Mr. King, I'm Inspector Hendricks from the Metropolitan Police Service in London. We've got a girl here who recently lost her parents and did DNA tests to find her relatives. Her DNA matches with your father's and after digging a little more we found that she's the girl from the missing case put in by your family. If you're willing to take her in then you'll have to get here and sign a few papers. If you don't want her then she'll go into the system."

I couldn't believe my ears. All these years we've been looking for her all over the world and she's in fucking London.

"Err... Sir? Are you still there?"

I broke out from my trance by his fucking scratchy voice. "Yes."

"Are you willing to adopt her Mr. King?"

"Yes! I be there as soon as possible," with that Daemon hung up and rushed out leaving his confused employee behind.

"Draco, prepare the jet. We're going to London."

"Yes sir."

——————————————————

Around 10 hours later I was in the car heading towards the police station to get my sister. Dad's gonna be so happy.

Oh shit.

I forgot to tell dad. Now he's gonna kill me. I'll call him now.

"Hey dad."

"Hey? That's what you say after making me worried. Hey? Where are you and why's your phone unreachable?"

"I'm in London and I've got good news."

"Don't tell me you got a girl pregnant."

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't."

"Well what're you waiting for! Tell me! Why are you in London?"

"I'll tell you if you let me speak."

"Fine. Speak."

"I got a call from from the London Police station saying that they found Astrid. So I came here. I forgot about you guys."

"Come again. They found who?"

"Your daughter, dad. They found her. They found Astrid."

"Oh God, and you didn't even think of telling me you selfish bastard!"

"Calm down. I just have to sign a few papers and then she'll be home. Forever."

"Come back soon. I'll go tell the boys."

I hung up and saw that we've reached. I'm going to meet my baby sister in a few minutes.

Every head turned to look at me as I went in and stood infront of the resciption desk. "Daemon King. I'm here for Astrid."

The resciptionist looked up at me as his face paled. " Yes sir. I'll call Inspector Hendricks."

A stout man came towards me and introduced himself as Inspector Hendricks. "This way sir."

Hendricks knocked at a door before we got in. There was a man who introduced himself as Stg. Darrick and a girl.

The girl was small. She was sitting in a corner with her head bowed.

"She's Astrid. We'll leave you alone now." Both the inspector and sergeant went out but I just kept looking at the girl.

All I could see was her straight raven black hair as she wouldn't look at me. She must be so afraid.

I knelt before her and lifted her head up with my hand. There they were, her beautiful eyes. The left one was a vibrant green while the right one was deep blue almost violet.

Even though I had seen the DNA test result, the moment saw her eyes I knew she was my Alora. Not because of the heterochromia, no. But because her eyes held the same innocence they did 12 years ago.

"Always keep your head high, darling."

She nodded. She looked afraid. Of course she's afraid. There's an unknown man almost twice her size holding her chin, anyone would be afraid.

"My name's Daemon. I'm your brother."

He got another nod.

"I'm here to take you home," Daemon said smiling softly. Trying to ease her nerves.

"Are you ready to go home? I'll just have to sign a few papers then we can leave."

She looked like she wanted to say something but kept quiet.

"Do you want to say something?"

She nodded. " Can- can we please go and meet the old lady? She lives next to momma's house."

"Of course love."