1.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

yesterday turned out to be exhausting and busy — sorry :,)
i hope you guys are having the most loveliest day<3

<1.5>
scars and nasty beans

EXHAUSTION LACED EVERY INCH of Petunia's body as she sat up. Drenched in sweat, tears staining her cheeks — the quiet chipper of birds sung out her window, giving the slightest amount of relief to the girl.

        And since she knew not an ounce more of sleep would be welcomed to her, she got up — only now noticing her blood stained arm.

The pain was evidently gone, but the damage had already been done. The scar, that once laid only on her forearm, was now dragged all the way up to her collarbone — leading for crisped dry blood to surround it — even staining her clean bedsheets.

She frowned.

And as rustling sounded outside her room, indicating that her parents were still home, she stood patiently at her door, laying her ear against it.

     The familiar sound of bowls being placed in the sink, footsteps roaming the hallways, the loud click of the backdoor being locked — she waited until their usual routine ended, leading for them to eventually leave.

    And once the slam of the front door sounded, the blonde was quick to grab her bloody speckled sheets — bringing it to the laundry room.

    Though, as she placed her dirty items into the washing machine, Petunia winced in return — feeling as her head once again throbbed. And as she looked up from the machine entirely, a small yelp escaped her lips — seeing the familiar silhouette behind her.

     "Get out of my bloody head!" She flustered, grabbing a pair of dirty socks and throwing it at the shadow. And once she realized what she had just done — she placed her head in her hands, sighing loudly.

"I'm going mad."

***
(marauder's pov)
(the night they left)

       With the familiar passing of landscapes in Scotland and constant laughing from Sirius Black himself, the four boys sat tightly in a compartment — sharing a box of Bertie Bott's every flavored Beans.

James had just suffered from tasting a puke flavored bean, and Peter was next — studying each one before ultimately deciding.

Sirius, on the other hand, did not mind the taste of any of the beans — and was grabbing handfuls at a time to eat.

James rolled his eyes at the fact.

Remus Lupin was the only one not apart of the small little game the boys created. And instead, was silently reading to himself, letting his head rest against the window. Occasionally, he would join in on the small chatter — but for the most part, he would only nod, pretending to listen.

However, as the last line was read, Remus went to flip the page. And as his fingers delicately trailed to the upper corner, he found himself stopping — now focusing on the ring.

The ring that was flickering from a bright yellow to a dark black.

his brows furrowed at the sight.

He tapped it once, and then again — trying to stop the constant switching of colors. But as it continued its pattern, he couldn't help but place his book down and instead search for the familiar black parchment.

      Yellow meant hurt, he knew that for a fact. But the black was unusual to him — and apparently to the creators as well, since nothing once mentioned it. Front to back, up to down, he continued to go over the description. And even if it was coded in, not one explanation could be found.

His confusion only grew.

Because as the sky grew darker, so did his ring — and once the train halted, meaning they had arrived, Remus's jewelry stayed permanently black against his finger.

something he didn't like.

      Though, as Peter tapped his shoulder, nodding towards their compartment door — Remus only gave a small look to his ring before standing up, trying to shake away all of his negative thoughts.

it was nothing

it meant nothing.

    But no matter how many times he had repeated those words, nothing changed. Because deep down he knew something was wrong. And deep down he knew it involved the only other person who shared that ring — even if he didn't know how.

Petunia Evans.

__
i'll try for another chapter sometime today — tomorrow will be busy with college again, so I might have to slack with writing!
P.EVANS + J.POTTER