3

After they took me to the police station, they made me sit in a cabin and told me to wait

After they took me to the police station, they made me sit in a cabin and told me to wait. Hours later the the door opened and Stg. Darrick cane in.

"Astrid! We found your family. You have a father and your brother's coming here to get you."

I frowned. Didn't he say my father ran away?

"The man you've been thinking as your father was actually just your mother's boyfriend. Your mother ran away with you when you were only 3 years old. Your biological family filed a missing person case. They've been looking for you ever since."

Darrick can read minds.

He must be able to read minds or else how did he know what I was thinking.

"We've contacted your brother. He's going to take you home." Darrick couldn't believe this innocent little girl was related to the Kings.

——————————————————

I've been sitting here for God knows how long. Stg. Darrick was asking me if I was hungry but I wasn't. I ate just yesterday so, I'm still full.

My thoughts were interrupted by a short knock on the door and I saw two men come in.

I heard a man say,"She's Astrid. We'll leave you alone now."

I kept my head but I knew Stg. Darrick and the other police officer had left. Leave me alone with the unknown man in black shiny shoes. His legs were all I could see from my line of vision.

Then he knelt down and lifted my head up and told me to keep my head high. That's when I got a good look at him. He's pretty and he seems nice.

Momma was nice and pretty as well.

But somehow I found the courage to ask him to take me to meet the old lady who helped me. I can't believe he agreed.

——————————————————

We're on our way to see kind old lady. After he finished sorting some papers he ushered me in a car and off we went.

I can't believe I'm in a car! I've never even seen one in real life. Just on tv.

I kept looking out the window as this was my first time coming out of the house other than the short ride to the police station.

Soon we reached and I saw the house I went to for help.

"Come on let's go meet her," my brother said.

We got down and rang the bell to the old lady's house. A moment later she opened the door and smiled at me.

"Astrid! Oh dear, you came!"

Astrid didn't know what to say. She's never spoken to anyone other than her momma and daddy. Step-father. So she did what she was best at. She gave a heart stopping smile.

"Is he your relative, dear?"

I nodded as my brother replied, "I'm Daemon King, Astrid's brother."

Carla gasped. Who would believe this sweet little creature could be related to these monsters. "Would you like to come in?"

"Would you like to go in, darling?"

I didn't know what to do. I looked at my brother, Daemon, confused. He gave a gentle smile and said "We could come and visit her again later if you wish. It's getting late and you must be tired."

It was getting late. It's very dark out here.

So I just nodded and we took our leave.

As we sat in the car, Daemon asked me, "Are you up for a long journey, darling? Or do you want to spend the night somewhere and go home in the morning?"

Again, I didn't know what to do. So I just shrugged.

Daemon chuckled. "You look like you're drained. We'll stay at a hotel now and then we can go home in the morning. Ok?"

"Ok," my voice was so small I didn't think he'd hear me. But he did.