[ 23 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
- MR. CHOI'S HANDS -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

In his sweatpants and sweatshirt, he sat on the couch eating popcorn while watching a movie. He was attentively watching the screen and didn't care about the surroundings around him.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. The boy on the couch sighed and threw a handful of popcorn at the television before pausing the movie. He put the popcorn on the table in front of him and stood up irritated.

Who was supposed to disturb him under his movie?

The boy walked toward the front door and opened it, "What do you want?" He asked before he even looked at who the person was standing at his door.

When he saw who was standing there, the boy rolled his eyes. It was the one boy who was also in his house earlier then and had fallen asleep on the couch. Sunghoon, was his name?

"Jungwon," Sunghoon sighed in relief, "I didn't expect anyone to answer the door."

"Of course I'll open the door, but it took me a lot of effort because I didn't really feel like it at all," Jungwon said with a sarcastic smile, "What do you need?" His expression changed to a very serious one in a second.

Sunghoon swallowed and rubbed his arm, "Is Jiwoo here by any chance?"

Jungwon thought about it and was silent for a moment. "No idea," He answered a moment later. "I was watching a movie so I didn't pay attention."

"What a terrible brother you are," Sunghoon scoffed as he walked into the Yangs' house without asking. His shoulder brushed against Jungwon's.

Jungwon's mouth fell open at Sunghoon's rudeness.

Sunghoon, meanwhile, ran up the stairs to the upstairs when he saw that there was no one in sight in the living room and kitchen of the house. He looked around all the rooms, worried and restless. He didn't miss a single door, but even after examining all the rooms, Jiwoo was still gone.

"Sunghoon! Get the hell out of my house!" Jungwon shouted as he stormed up the stairs, "What are you doing here at all looking for Jiwoo, she's-"

"She's not here, Jungwon!" Sunghoon interrupted Jungwon, who was running towards him shouting, "She's not here! She's not answering my messages and phone calls and she's not here either, so!"

Jungwon fell silent and stopped running, "What do you mean?"

"Your own little sister has been missing for hours and you haven't noticed anything at all!"

"What do you mean she's been missing for hours? It can't be! She's probably at work and doesn't have time to answer your messages," Jungwon came up with several scenarios that Jiwoo could possibly be in at the moment, but was still deeply concerned inside that something bad was going on with her.

The two may have often argued with each other because there were no parents to take care of them, but deep down inside is very much a soft spot in each of the two's hearts for their sibling.

Sunghoon slowly shook his head, "It can't be that Jiwoo is at work. The cafe where she works is closed due to renovations."

"Shit, right," Jungwon scolded angrily under his breath as he rubbed his forehead, "Maybe she's at school? Or with Jake?"

"I already asked Jake, he said Jiwoo doesn't answer him either," Sunghoon explained. "But maybe she is indeed still at school, we can always check."

Jungwon ran towards Sunghoon, grabbed Sunghoon's wrist and dragged him with him. The boy who was being dragged by the other widened his eyes, "What are we going to do?"

"Going to your school dumbass, duh!" Jungwon hissed.

-

"So, where could she be hanging out?" Jungwon said as he went silent in front of the school.

Sunghoon came running a moment later, exhausted. His breath was unsteady and he was panting. He put his hands on his knees and took a few deep breaths in and out. "I don't know," He answered a moment later.

"Sunghoon? Jungwon?"

The names of the two boys were called out behind their backs. Sunghoon and Jungwon both turned around at the same time and saw Jake coming running towards them.

"Jake, what are you doing here?" Jungwon asked as he raised his eyebrow slightly.

"I thought Jiwoo might still be here," Jake replied. "What are you doing here?"

"Exactly the same story as you," Sunghoon said as he looked over the school grounds, hoping to see something.

Suddenly, the sound of a car engine sounded, loud. All three boys turned their heads towards the parking lot and saw a car driving briskly into the school's grounds. The driver parked quickly and dangerously and immediately after, someone got out. The person ran toward the main entrance of the school, where the three boys were standing.

As the person got closer and closer, Jake could finally recognize who it was.

"I know him!" Jake said to the other boys, "That's my new teacher, Mr. Choi!"

"Mr. Choi?" Jungwon said in a questioning tone.

"He's very strange," Jake began, "He's just new here at school, arrived today. He didn't even let us introduce him in class and he already knew Jiwoo's name. I-"

"How?" Sunghoon interrupted Jake in his sentence, "How can someone know someone's name when that person hasn't even introduced themselves yet?"

Jake shrugged, "It's all very strange."

"Let's call out his name and ask him if he might know something about Jiwoo!" Jungwon said enthausiastically, knowing that it might get him something about his sister's missing.

Jake and Sunghoon both looked Jungwon's way in disbelief.

"Erm... You can't just do that!" Jake said, almost shouting.

"Of course I can," Jungwon said determinedly as he walked up a little closer towards Mister Choi, who by now was busy running towards the school.

Sunghoon gasped and hid his face in his hands in embarrassment.

"Mr. Choi!" Jungwon shouted.

Mr. Choi stopped in his path and looked up at the three boys. Slowly, he walked up to them and recognized Jake almost immediately, "What is it, young man?"

Jake bit his lower lip in stress. What was Jungwon doing?

It was really going to get them in trouble...

"I am Yang Jungwon, the brother of Yang Jiwoo. I heard that you are my sister's new teacher. She suddenly went missing, do you know anything about where she might be?" Jungwon explained everything to the teacher in front of him.

"Pst, Sunghoon," Jake whispered to the boy next to him as he gave him a small nudge with his elbow, "Look at Mr. Choi's hands."

Sunghoon followed Jake's instructions and looked at the teacher's hands. Sunghoon's mouth fell open in fear and his eyes widened.

His hands were covered with... blood?!