Chapter 23- Thestrals

"Let go of her!" Ron yelled as Death Eaters held Hermione back, the Golden Trio continued to fight with their wands. 

"Sectumsempra!" 

They turned as the 4 Death Eaters collapsed, bleeding out on the ground. They turned and saw a woman standing there, wearing black leggings, black military boots, a white tank top, with a blue button down shirt which she wore as a jacket. The trio stopped in fear, they didn't recognize who she was until Hermione stepped forward. 

"Professor?" 

Mihaela nodded her head and hugged Hermione back as the girl ran into her arms, "Oh Mione! I missed you!" 

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked, "What about your daughter?" 

Mihaela pulled back her blue shirt and revealed Aurora sleeping in a little sling, "Right here" She said, "I thought you guys could use some help." 

Harry hugged Mihaela tight, she returned the hug back, "Now, what are we doing?" 

The Trio explained the hunt for Horcruxes, Mihaela understood instantly, "Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" 

.....................

"Guess who's back bitches!" Mihaela explained as she walked through the Burrow. Molly, Arthur, Fred, George, and Ginny ran up and smiled at her.  

"Miha!" Tonks runs up to Mihaela and tackles her into a hug, Mihaela pushes Tonks off of her and reveals the sleeping baby.

"I missed you Tonks," Mihaela says with a slight smile. She turned to Remus and hugged him. 

"Oh Moony!" Mihaela cried in his arms, "I'm so sorry." 

"No, I'm sorry. We got into that fight and I said things I shouldn't have." He apologized, hugging her tight. 

"It's okay, I promise," She assured him, "Okay so what's the plan?" 

Mihaela and Minerva snuck into Hogwarts, the young woman waited in the forest with her baby until Mcgonagall would give her a signal. Aurora woke up and reached out to something behind Mihaela. 

"What? What is it?" Mihaela turned and saw her daughter was reaching out to a Thestral. She froze in complete shock, that her daughter could see it. A little foal, marched up to Aurora and Mihaela, the baby reached out and patted the animal on the nose. 

Mihaela felt her heart break, how could she see Thestrals already? She was barely even one year old! Then it hit her like a bus... her parents. Aurora saw them getting killed, she was a witness and therefore, able to see the Thestral. 

"Oh baby..." Mihaela whispered, feeling herself getting emotional. She cleared her throat and did her best to hold back tears, she saw the Patronus of a cat and nodded her head, there was the signal. She saw Mcgonagall come through the woods, Mihaela handed Aurora off to the older woman. She made it into Hogwarts, she snuck around. Making sure not to run into the newest teachers, Amycus and Alecto Carrow. She saw Snape walking through the hallway and quickly hid. She made it into the Headmaster's office and searched around for the Sword of Gryffindor, she had to be quick or else she'll get caught and punished for it. She technically was trespassing on the grounds of Hogwarts, she searched all over the room for the object but it was nowhere to be found.

"Shit." She cursed, quickly turning into her Animagus and sneaking out Hogwarts. 

"Aww, what a cute little cat," she heard a male voice say, she turned around and saw Amycus Carrow standing before her. Mihaela hissed, Amycus picked her up by the scruff of her neck and smirked. She swatted at his face, scratching him, making unhappy cat noises. Out the corner of her eyes, she saw Neville, Luna, and Ginny. They stared in shock at what they were seeing, they knew the cat was their old Professor. 

"Get to class!" Amycus roared, the three quickly moved out the way. Mihaela clawed at the man's face again, cutting him slightly deeper. 

"Why you little-!" He threw Mihaela down the stairs, the small cat got up and limped away. She made it back to the forest and saw Mcgonagall holding a sleeping Aurora. 

"Oh Merlin!" Minerva quickly went over to the girl, who was meowing in pain. She collapsed to the ground and turned back into a human, "What happened to you?" 

"Amycus found me as a," She coughed, "Cat, I clawed at his face and he threw me down the stairs." 

"Oh you poor dear, let's get you back to the Burrow." 

"O-Okay..." 

....................................

Mihaela rested on a bed, groaning in pain while Molly took care of her broken leg. George was holding Aurora, cuddling the baby to sleep. 

"Thank you Molly," Mihaela smiled softly and turned to George, "Can I hold my daughter now?" 

"No," George quietly laughed, "She likes me." 

Mihaela shook her head as George laid Aurora in her arms, she smiled and kissed her forehead. Aurora slept peacefully in her mothers arms. 

......................................

Lucius Malfoy looked down at his lap as Lord Voldemort yelled at him. 

"You have failed me Lucius," He hissed, "I am disappointed in you..." 

"M-My Lord..." Lucius sounded weak and tired. Lord Voldemort frowned and drew his wand. 

"Crucio!" 

Lucius fell out of his chair and writhed around in complete pain, Voldemort continued to torture the man until he was practically begging for him to stop. 

"I am very disappointed in you Malfoy..."