||33||

And I am back. Happy new month(s)...

I was meant to publish this chapter last month on my B-Day but couldn't coz that day was as stressful as heck.

I am very grateful to her and to EkehAnita who dropped 100 comments on this book. Thank you so much ❤.

••••

"It's pretty."

"I know. The wearer would love it. Don't you think?"

"Yeah." He told the assistant to pack it up. The dress was very nice. It had this mature vibe. The shoulder work was something else though. I liked it. While Kenneth was settling, I decided to look for a place to buy food. I was so hungry. It was past three and I had had nothing except breakfast. By 8!

All glory to God I found a place. Two burgers, one large coke and a bottle of water. That should hold me till I got back. "Get me a bottle of water." He was standing next to me holding the shopping bags. A bo' o' wo'ah. Abeg, Chioma no laugh so u no go enter his black book. "Let's go, Vivian."

Quietly, I followed him back to his car. Quietly I stared at my snacks realising I couldn't eat them there. What if he gets angry? What if I stain his car? "Go ahead. I won't bite." I turned to Kenneth. Was he serious? "No, I'm joking." I heard the sarcasm. "Eat if you are hungry."

"Thank you." He didn't reply. He drove slowly till I was done eating.

I had a full stomach. Yay! So, the boredom sets in..."I want to connect my aux cord. "

"You may."

Baby, calm down, calm down
Girl, this your body e put my heart for lockdown
For lockdown, oh, lockdown
Girl, you sweet like Fanta, uh-uh
Fanta, uh-uh
If I tell you say I love you
No dey form yanga, oh, yanga

I was vibing till I felt his eyes on me. I raised my brows but he only gave a small smile and looked away. "Increase the volume." I obeyed and to my surprise, Kenneth sang along while tapping his fingers on the steering.

No tell me no, no, no, no
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Baby come gimme your lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-love
You got me like whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa
Shawty, come gimme your lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-love, hmm

Na so we vibe on this song and other songs we take reach Hughton.

"So how did you get my number?" I questioned.

"I have my ways." So discreet. I hissed. "Stop the hissing." He said. It didn't take long before we reached. He parked a distance away from the gates before we came down. We walked together.

"You live off-campus?" He hummed in reply. "With your parents or alone?"

"My parents stay in the USA." So he lived alone.

"Don't you feel lonely?"

"No. I always have company."

"What kind?" I heard him chuckle. Oh, God. I bit my lip. The sound.

"Bed warmers and others." Bed...oh. I came to a realisation. I felt hot all over. I heard him laugh and I bit my lips harder. We approached the gates. There he handed me the shopping bag. "For you."

"Thank you!" As if I didn't know it was mine. I heard him murmur while looking at the sky.

"You're welcome, Vivian." I showed my pass and walked through the gates.

"Goodbye." He hummed, not looking at me.

"Straight to your dorm. Don't go anywhere else so you wouldn't be caught up in some misfortune. Goodbye." He had left.

I did not listen to Kenneth. Buchi and I had made plans to spend the weekend with each other. So instead of my dorm, I went to the boys' dormitories. I was sneakily moving so I wouldn't be caught by security. Only God knows where he popped out from and I bumped into him.

"Aunty watch where you are going." Who is dis one's aunty? I looked around and saw books all over the ground. I bent down and helped him pick them up. "Thank you."

"Welcome."

"What are you doing around this area? You're headed for the boys' dormitories." He hugged the books close to his chest."

"I know. I want to see someone."

"Be careful."

"Thanks for your concern umm..."

"Christopher. It's spelt with a K." So he was Kristopher.

"Kristopher. Thank you." He smiled and I left.

~~~

"Enjoying without me abi?" I looked at the empty bag of chips and half-eaten pizza on the bed. With the large coke.

"You're back. Welcome oo." He turned back to the movie he was watching on his laptop. "So...how was it?"

"Just normal shopping."

"Like I'd believe YOU went NORMAL shopping with your CRUSH. Abeg." He made a disbelieving face.

"It was normal shopping." I pouted.

"Have you seen his I.G. post?"

"Who?"

"Ebenezer," I remembered.

"Yes."

"I pity him. He misses you so much. You're here having eyes for some prince who may never look at you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He paused his movie and got off the bed. He walked towards me.

"What that means is that I don't like Kenneth. You shouldn't like him too."

"You don't like anyone. You never liked my own best friend."

"But Ebenezer was tolerable," he said. "And we grew up together. But Kenneth is a total stranger. I've not seen him before. We don't know him and shouldn't get involved with someone like him. He's an Imperial. Highest of the highest here."

"Buchi."

"Moreover, he's a dangerous person."

"Are you scared of him?"

"Baby, I'm not. I'm scared for you. We're not in his league." I touched his face.

"I'll be fine. We'll be fine. You'll see." He sighed deeply. "Trust me. The first sign of danger, I'll not be seen near him again."

"Fine."

"Good. Now get me a polo. I want to bathe." He rolled his eyes.

"You'll sleep over?" I nodded and his face brightened. "Yes!"

~~~

"So we are expecting you...."

"Soon."

"Don't come empty-handed."

"I hear." Nedum laughed. "What should I bring you?"

"Anything sweet."

"Okay. Greet Jordan for me."

"Buchi Nedum said I should greet you," I shouted.

"I've heard. Greet him for me too." Buchi hollered back.

"You're with him? How come?"

"She's spending the night brother!"

"She's what? Vivian, I want an-" Buchi hung up. We burst out laughing.

________________________________

So, that's it. I don't have much to say. But... I may drop another chapter soon. No promises though. But thanks for all the reads and votes while I was away. Thanks a lot. ❤

peacesooooocoooool, you're now happy abi? I've updated. This chapter is dedicated to you too.