Bonus Chapter: Xavier's Rise And Fall

Xavier 

My wolf was extremely disappointed as we looked at the grave where my mother lay. For years I prayed to the Goddess for a mate, a saviour, to aid me from the heartbreak of my broken and crippled family. My mate was always a symbol of light, a symbol of hope in dreary and darkest life. It was the first tear that escaped my eye was the first and last that I gave my mate. She was as dark and corrupt as my dearest brother. I knew she was too far gone, my wolf warned me her heart was tainted, she would only take me down a path that I could follow. She would have wanted to carry on my brother's work, my brother's legacy. 

My brother's legacy for me was something that I could not be proud of, so with that I tore it about, the resistance that I had built within the pack worked long hours to get rid of those who wanted to succeed the throne of thorns. They were my brother's and father's most dedicated followers, who refused to reform. I can say hand on heart that I didn't feel any guilt for murdering those that wanted to carry on the horrendous acts of my family. 

Before I knew it, the empire cracked and like Rome, it crashed and burn. Except no pity lingered in my hearts, I had managed to remove all of the whore houses, the drug dens, the trafficking rings ended. All I could do is look to the sky, wishing and praying that my mother was happy and would rest in peace knowing that our goal for a better world was happening. After the days of the empire falling, I built my pack to fight against that evil, to save innocents from rapists and drug dealers. I made a promise to dedicate my life to making the world a better place. 

One night, I was lying in my bed. The moon was shinning brightly in the sky. When I felt this sharp pain in my abdomen. It was like someone was stabbing me relentlessly. I didn't know what to say, I couldn't speak. My throat was dry, I couldn't let words escape my lips because the pain was choking me. Before long the pain stopped and I gasped a huge gulp of air. It was then that my wolf shocked me to my core and whispered something that I never expected to happen. 

"Mate... Mate had our baby." He whispered out. 

At his words my eyes widened and I couldn't help but let out a huge grin at the thought of having a child. I chuckled loudly as tears escaped my eyes for my child. The child I would do anything for. Even if it meant saving him from his mother, I knew that she would corrupt him, taint him with her wicked ways. I knew that I had to plan meticulously to find my child before she placed him in danger. However before I could get to my feet my wolf wailed and howled that it pierced my ears. The pain that I was once felt had only increased. That pull, that bond I felt developing with my unseen child snapped before I could make any step. My body felt cold, my heart felt numb and before I could ask what happened my wolf wimps red in the back of my mind. 

"Babe.." he choked. "Pup is dead." I could feel his tears from the bond and my own eyes followed in his direction. 

I collapsed on the bed, with a million and one questions racing through my mind. For that second, I was a father and now, I mean what do you call a parent of a dead child. For if a child they lose their parents become an Orphan but what is the label if you lost a child? For a parent should never lose their child, it is unfathomable. A parent should never lay to rest their flesh and blood. It just goes against nature. I had no idea how or why it happened. 

Before I could linger on my grief or wallow in my pain, my Beta rushed through my bedroom. His breathing laboured as if he had run miles. "Alpha we are under attack, the Redbridge pack they are attacking us!"

So with that. I sprung into action, ordering the evacuation of children and women who were pregnant to the safe, fighting and colliding with any wolf that was coming in my direction. I didn't relent, my wolf pushed through his pain, snarling and biting at anyone who dared attack him. He was merciless and I could feel the blood lust swarm in his body. Before we knew it, they were retreating, they were running for the hills. However, I managed to grasp one of the rats that were running for the sewers. 

I felt my hand grasp around his throat, my claws reaching in and digging into his skin. My eyes darker than the night sky. "Why are you attacking my pack? Why are you killing innocent people? Who sent you here? Why are you here?" I growled. 

"My...Al-Alpha." He whimpered out as my claws pierced his skin. 

"Why?" I spat with impatience lingering in my tone. 

"Because you killed his son. You killed the Luna's son!" He gasps out as I release his neck, he collapses to the floor. 

"I did no such thing! Who is your Luna? Who is your Alpha?" I was met with silence. "Speak!" I shouted. 

"Alpha Jacob and Luna Leanne!" He whimpered. 

It was then when he spoke her name, my wolf howled and before I had a chance to stop him, he slit his opponent across the throat. It was ruthless and cutthroat but I could feel his pain at another claiming his child, his pup. I couldn't do anything to stop his anger from boiling. He was infuriated by the idiot Alpha who was claiming his child and then trying to kill him. Was he trying to cover up the fact that he was claiming another Alpha's child? It didn't make sense why he was being blamed for the murder of his own son despite only discovering his existence minutes ago. 

It wasn't until my Beta brought in a woman, she was covered in blood and her eyes were manic and filled with fire. She was snarling and jolting her body out of their grasp. She was pulled in front of me, she was kicked on her knees and pushed to the floor. It's then that my wolf froze as the smell of the blood it my nostrils. They reacted by flaring as the scent lingered. My wolf soon took control of my body and rushed to the woman who was kneeled in front of me. He pulled her up the scruff of her top and looked at the woman, his eyes not withering away as he stared at her. 

"Whose blood is that?" He growled in a menacing tone. 

It's then that she let out a manic laugh. "The blood of my enemy." She crazily spat. I could see her face there was not a twinkle of guilt, but an overwhelming sense of pride and joy as those words escaped her lips. 

"Who did you kill?" My wolf darkly questioned, exerting his power and dominance, forcing her into submission to answer his questions. 

"The bitch who stole my mate, the bitch my mate rejected me for. I killed her child. The bitch didn't deserve the bastard." She chuckled darkly. Her eyes were crazed. 

"How did you end up here? What was her name?" 

"Hahahah, her name was Leanne and I ripped her baby form her arms and my wolf torn him apart of limb to limb." She licks her lips. "My wolf can still taste her pups blood. She is relishing in delight. It was well deserved." She laughed. "And I came here because I needed someone to blame, that bitch won't ever admit what she did wrong. Karma will follow those who truly deserved it." 

It was then that I lost the last sense of control and decapitated her head from her body. Once I had killed her, I released that what she said was right. Karma had truly hit her like she deserved. I didn't mind being the hand that punished her for my unseen son's death. It was then that I fell to the ground and heaved a deep breath of relief for avenging my child's death.