Chapter 2

Through the day, I could hardly wait until I got out. It was almost depressing trying to watch me work on math.

"Umm, Kim, what's eight times four?" I asked, trying my hardest to fill in the third question. I was gonna have homework BIG TIME!

"Haha, Y/N, it's thirty two." She laughed, thinking I was joking by now knowing.

"Thanks." I went back to my assignment. My pencil decided now would be a good time to snap, leaving an odd trail of gray lead across the page. I sighed helplessly. I went up to the pencil sharpener installed by the trash can. All that did was make the pencil shorter. The bell hawked at us, signifying the end of the day.

I breathed a sign of relief as I made it up to the roof. Kyo wasn't there yet, due to the fact he's on the first floor and I was hurrying. I want to see what he had to give me. He had really caused me to have a crapload of homework because I couldn't focus. I paced impatiently, setting my bag down on the platform.

We had a wonderful summer, Kyo had taken me to the beach. Tohru and Yuki and Shigure had come, and Shigure had joked that Kyo only to see me in my bathing suit. He sang a song with the words, "Kyo's a pervert! Kyo's a pervert." I had laughed. We went to the beach several times. The water was warm, so we often went swimming. I had a lot of fun. Over the summer, I also got to meet other Sohmas, like Ayame. Ayame and I had become good friends. He was just so FABULOUS! I had also met Hatsuharu, Momiji, and Hatori Sohma. Well, I had already met Hatori, but I got to meet him again.

After years of waiting and reminiscing about summer, carrot top finally made it up to the roof. His face was red and flustered.

"Sorry for making you wait, Y/N, I think I'm getting sick and-" he said, heaving breaths.

"Wait, you're getting sick? Aw, Kyo, don't push yourself. If you're getting sick, we can head home." I said sympathetically.

"No, I think I'm fine. Here, what I wanted to give you was-" he was interrupted by a poof of orange tinted smoke.

"AHHH! KYO! YOU'VE TRANSFORMED!" I said, shifting around in the pile of clothes to find a very sad little kitty.

"I'm okay, Y/N, if you could just take me back to my house. We also transform if our bodies are under a great amount of stress. I knew I shouldn't have pushed it. Dangit Y/N, I'm sorry." He apologized, closing his eyes.

"You don't have to apologize, Kyo. I'll take you home. I'll call Shigure too. Don't worry." I told him, picking him up and setting him down in my backpack. He can't be found in the school. I decided not to zip my backpack up, I don't want him to suffocate. I picked up his backpack and clothes and headed off of the roof, dialing Shigure's number, telling him that Kyo transformed.

He was sleeping in my backpack by the time I got him home, and he hadn't changed back, so I put him in his room with his clothes. Tohru had welcomed me in with a cup of tea.

"Is Kyo going to be all right?" She asked me. She looked worried.

"Yes, but he's sick. I feel bad for him. Did Shigure call Hatori?" I asked.

"Yes, he's coming over soon." Tohru informed me. At this time, Shigure popped his head in and said, "Ah, Y/N, welcome. Thanks for calling and taking care of Kyo." He sat down opposite me and Tohru, and Tohru poured him some tea. The tea steamed out of the pot as it was tipped into a cup.

"How's your book, Shigure?" I asked him.

"Oh, it's doing fine. Except I'm running out of places to hide it from my editor, she knows all my hiding spots." He said, shaking his head.