37

😗sorry for any mistakes

Dallas, TXAugust 20thTuesday

Dallas, TX
August 20th
Tuesday

"Baby, lay back down," Elijah's raspy voice said, pulling Lai back down in the bed.

"But he just—That wasn't him, he's asleep. You need to do the same before you have to feed him" He cut her off, pulling her back down to his chest. She let out a shaky breath, trying to get back comfortable on his bare chest.

She started to relax more, listening to his heartbeat rhythm. He subtly rubbed her back in hopes it would help her get some sleep.

It's been 3 weeks since they became parents and it was smooth for the most part for Elijah but of course, Lai being herself, stressed herself out. She gave herself a lot of sleepless nights because she would stay up and just watch Messiah sleep. She thought because of how much of a deep sleeper she was that she needed to be up all night in case he needed her.

Messiah had Lai wrapped around his little fingers too. Any small move moment, she was picking him up. She thought it was only right to pick him up all the time, he was only 3 weeks old.

Now Elijah would make him lay on a blanket these last few days instead of holding him, he said he didn't want to 'spoil' him.

Tonight was Messiah's first night in his nursery since Elijah suggested starting now so he could be comfortable with it. Lai didn't want to because she liked him sleeping with her but she knew Siah would probably get used to sleeping with her all the time and never want to sleep alone.

As Lai was slowly but surely falling back to sleep, she popped up quickly when she heard Siah crying on the baby monitor.

"I got it mugga, go back to sleep" Elijah yawned, sitting up in the bed. She shook her head "It's okay, he's probably just hungry or— you fed him an hour ago. Go back to sleep" He sighed, kissing her head.

"But— Loralai," He said simply. She sighed, laying back down feeling defeated. He slid his feet into his house shoes first before getting up and going into Siah's Nursery.

"Wassup fat man?" Elijah smiled at Siah who was now whining.