Chapter 29

SAVANAH

We all danced until it was 3 in the morning, God knows how long I had not danced like that, especially in a club. I was sweating, my face was red with sweat and extreme exhaustion.

Both Jul and Elyse were heavily drunk so Adam and Connor took the responsibility to take care of them and took them back to their respective houses.

Right now Leo is driving me back to my apartment. I have missed my home so much but staying with him was not that bad. I know it's gonna be a little dusty but tomorrow is Sunday so I will clean it myself.

"Open the front compartment there is something for you that Dr Nolic gave me 2 days back I forgot to give it to you," Leo said, he had a mischievous smile on his face but I ignored it.

Opening the compartment there was an envelope with a medical board logo on it. What does the medical board have to say to me now?

Opening the seal of the letter and reading till the last word ends left me in tears. My sniffles were heard by Leo but he just laughed lightly.

"My residence exam result... I passed it I am now an attending doctor Leo." I said while sniffling.

I took notice that these days I cry a lot, irrespective that it a good or bad but still I cry a lot. "Congratulations, I am so proud of you." He said and it made something in my heart flutter.

Soon we reached my apartment building before I could get out of the car Leo opened the door for me.
How fast is he?

Leo took my bag from his back seat and a couple of boxes that looked like confectionary boxes.

"What are these?" I asked.

"Oh, these are some congratulations gifts from my parents, Adam, Connor and me." He simply said, I don't know but all these things his family is doing for me make me wonder what I have done that these people treat me so well.

But I also know that once they will know about me, my past they will no longer love me the way they do. And that time it will hurt me the most.

Leo picked up the boxes and he started following me, the silence in the elevator was very unwanted, it feels like he wants to say something but can't.

The same was with me but I didn't budge to show it. We reached my apartment and I opened it with my keys.

Switching the lights on, my eyes were popping out of the socket any minute, my apartment was clean, crystal clear.

"I made sure it was cleaned when you come back home, it would be healthy and comforting for you," Leo answered by seeing the confusion in my eyes.

"Thanks a lot, Leo but you don't have to do it," I said and Leo just glared at me. He went inside my kitchen and kept all the boxes in the fridge.

"I think I should take a leave, it's pretty late, you rest." He said suddenly made me want him to say not to go.

Maybe these past 4 days staying with Leo made me a little habitual of him.

"Ya sure." We both stood there in silence for a minute hoping maybe the other one would say something.

"Bye," Leo said and he rushed out of the door without even hugging me, that's the first time. Maybe he was feeling sleepy.

Never mind, I closed the door and started to remove my shoes. After a minute I heard a knock on the door again.

Who might be knocking at this time? Opening the door, it was Leo standing which he just clenched.

"Did you forget something?" I asked.

"Ya, this." He said while grabbing both sides of my face and landing his lips on mine.