[Chapter 10 Dammit Grandpa!]

After the gift exchange I stayed for a few days with the master. I guess bribes do work wonders on people. I was able to get on a first name basis with Kanroji- I mean Mitsuri. She really seems to have taken a liking to me which is great! She seems like a nice friend to have. She is very sweet and honestly if it weren't for her boyfriend constantly drilling a hole in the back of my head every time I spoke to her I would like to spend more time with her. But I think he hates me a little less. He waves to me and greets me at times. Tokito or Muichiro talked to me more. He even remembered my face and my name not so much.

"Mitsuri i'm here for the dinner date-" I shouted excitedly as I arrived at her estate but immediately stood still when I saw Mitsuri pouring some tea and setting down a plate with pancakes down in front of Obanai.

'Oops I hope he didn't take the date part wrong...'

"Oh! (N/n) you're finally here!" She smiled, pulling me by my arm and sitting me next to Obanai. "Oh (N/n) I made pancakes with butter and syrup, have you had them! They are so good~" She ranted with a smile as she set down two more sets of plates and tea cups.

"Oh yes, Mitsuri , they are a common thing to eat in the future. I love them. They are very good!" I replied back as I took a fork and started to eat the pancake in front of me.

"You should slow down, you'll choke besides the food isn't going anywhere." Obanai exclaimed in an irritated yet calm voice. I almost choked on my food and started coughing.

'It almost sounded like he cared' a tear formed from my eye as I was almost choking to death on pancakes.

"Oh no, drink this!" Mitsuri, worried, gave me a cup of tea. I scuffed down the tea rapidly.

"Sorry Kanroji it's just Obanai surprised me it almost sounded like he cared that I would choke!" I smiled and Kanroji laughed. Obanai crossed his arms.

"Obanai, why aren't you eating? Are they not to your liking?" Mitsuri asked somewhat with a worried face. Obanai looked to the side with beads of sweat going down his face.

"No it's not that, it's just I don't want him to see my scar..." he pointed to me while I was midway stuffing my face. I swallowed and spoke.

"I see... Mitsuri, do you have a scarf that I could borrow?" I asked and she smiled and nodded and left to get it. Obanai raised an eyebrow confused.

"Here you are!" She handed it to me. The scarf was a light pink with a flower pattern on it.

"Thank you Mitsuri." I smiled and put the scarf around my eyes and tried it behind my head. "There now you can eat without me seeing the scar!" I exclaimed as I continued to eat. While Mitsuri laughed and praised me for being so smart, Obanai was shocked but then he slowly unwrapped the bandages over his mouth and started to eat.

"Thank you for the food Mitsuri." Obanai thanked her and I just gave a thumbs up with a stuffed mouth.

After that I waved them goodbye and started to make my way back to the master's estate. I've been in the Taisho era for too long. Mom must be worried. Also I've missed some days of school. Haru is never gonna stop bothering me about where I was. As I walked in, the little girl with black hair was playing with 4 other kids all with white hair. The only way to tell them apart was their hair pins. They all looked very similar... damn the master really gets it on for a blind man.

"Look, look there he is the man with the desserts!" The black haired girl said with a smile pointing at me. The others turned and smiled, jumping up to greet me.

"Do you want to see father?" One of the girls with white hair asked.

"Just briefly I want to say my goodbyes!" I smiled at the kids in front of him.