06

Chapter Six,

"This is the reason why I was late for class," Dustin says as he puts his proton pack on the desk, in front of Mr. Clarke.

"Pretty neat. These doors function?". "Well, yeah, obviously. But it's not about the trap. It's what's inside. Now, this very well may change your perception of the world".

"Consider my interest piqued".

"All right, first let's just clarify that... That this is my discovery, not yours".

"Dustin, Jesus! Just show him!" Lucas yelled. "I'm just trying to clarify-".

"Dustin!". The moment Dustin starts to open the proton pack, Mike, Will and Jess run in quickly. "Stop!" Mike yells and grabs it. "I'm sorry, Mr. Clarke. It was just a stupid prank".

"What are you doing?" Dustin asks.

"We need to go right now, right now!" he yells and everyone follows him to the A.V Club. The guys run in and Mike shuts and locks the door before Max and Jess can get the chance to walk in. "What the fuck Mike!" Jess yelled.

"Miss Kline! We do not use such vowel language in this school!" a teacher yelled. "I'm sorry" Jess replied and rolled her eyes as she continued banging on the door. "Can we come in yet?" Max asked and didn't get an answer.

"What do you think happened?" she asked Jess. She shrugged. "They've been acting all secretive ever since last year when Will went missing, I wasn't really friends with them then. It's probably something to do with Will".

She pulls out a paper clip from her bag and tries to pick the lock. Not even a minute later the door unlocks and dart runs out along with the boys. "What was that!?" Max and Jess yell in unison. "Dart!" Mike yells.

"That was Dart!?".

"You let him escape!" Mike yelled and the argument between Max and him continued until Dustin interrupted "why did you hurt him!".

Mike ignored him and started running away. "Don't hurt him!" Dustin yelled repeatedly and everyone split up to search for him. Max and Jess walked toward the gym.

"Why does Mike hate me so much, is he always this annoyed?" Max mumbles. "No... I mean yes but to be fair he just misses Eleven".

"Eleven?" Max asks.

Well fuck. This is the moment when Jess wanted to disappear into a black hole or run away. Now it's time to lie. "Well her name is actually... Elanor and we called her eleven and El for short".

"Elanor?".

No

"Yes... She uh moved away last year and we were all kinda friends".

"You said you weren't friends with them last year".

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. "We were, no we weren't... It was just uh- sorta-. Before she could finish whatever she was trying to say Mike ran into the locker room with a broom and started yelling.

"What the hell are you doing?" Max asked.

"What are you doing? Why are you in here?".

"We're looking for Dart" Jess mumbles.

"This is the boy's room".

"So?" Max and Jess say in unison.

"So you should go home," Mike says and slams his broom onto the floor before walking away.

"Why do you hate me so much" "How can I hate you, I don't even know you". "But you don't want me in your party" "Correct" "Why not?" "Because you're annoying. Also, we don't need another party member I'm our paladin, Will's our cleric, Dustin's our bard, Lucas is our ranger, Jess is our rouge and El's our Mage"

"Elanor?" Max asks and Jess slaps herself in the face. "Who the hell is Elanor?" Mike asks. "Eleven" she replies and Mike's face turns into pure fear. "How do you know about Eleven?". "Jess told me".

Fuck. "Jess!" Mike yelled. "She was a mage? Well, what could she do? Like magic tricks or something?" she says and then hops off her skateboard. "Well. I could be your zoomer". "That's not even a real thing". "See zoomer". "Mind-blowing".

"You're not even doing tricks, you're just going around in a circle". "If it's so easy then how about you do it".

"Jess, do you want to try?" Max asks. "I'm good, I have PTSD from that".

Max fell and the skateboard went flying. They ran over to see if she was ok. "What even happened?". "I don't know, it was like a magnet grabbed my board or something. It's stupid".

Mike and Jess looked at each other and Mike ran to the door as Jess helped the girl up and went to grab her skateboard. The walkie-talkie starts to go off. "Mike!" the girls yell in unison.

"What?" Mike yells back. "Will, he found Dart in the bathroom near Mr. Salerno's". Then the three quickly run to the bathroom before Dart can leave. When they get there so are Lucas and Dustin.

"Is he here?" Jess asks. "Nope," Dustin mutters. "Will said the bathroom near Mr. Salerno's right?". Everyone looked at Max and then realized Will wasn't here. "Where is Will?" Mike asked.

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

"Will. I just found him like this! I think he's having another episode!" Miked yelled as everyone ran over to him.

"Will! Will! Will!" Joyce yells as she tries to wake him up. "Sweetie wake up, it's mom". Max turns to Jess. "What is happening?" she whispers. "I don't know".

"Ok, that totally freaked me out. Did that not freak you guys out?" Max asked as they watched Will and Joyce drive away. "Two episodes in two days, it's getting worse". "You think it's true sight?".

"What's true sight?" Max asked.

"It's nothing".

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

"So you're a rouge?" Max asks with a small laugh. "I didn't get to choose it, I joined the party late so they gave me some random role. I'm not a thief".

"But you are a shitty lier".

"Yes, I know".

"What actually happened last year? And what is happening with Will?" Max asks. "He went missing and Dart is now missing as well".

"Jess" Max mumbled.

"I have to go Max" she mutters and bikes away before she could say anything that will put her in danger.