Chapter 19: Stupid Brother

Season 8, Episode 17

Angela smiles as the barista hands her her order before she turns to Teddy, "T, you have $4 million to grow hearts. We are gonna grow some hearts!"

"My life is finally finding a purpose again. Sure, my husband is dead, I don't talk to Hunt anymore and I have trouble sleeping alone but I get to grow hearts with my best friend and my best resident."

"This is way I love you. You make me seem chipper and normal," They laugh before Angela looks at her watch, "I gotta go. I'm swinging by Mark's lab to give him a coffee then I have Morgan's preemie to check on."

Teddy holds an arm out in front of her to stop her, "Speaking of Mark but not speaking of Mark, you get Little Grey on your service next week."

She looks confused, "Okay? Why does that matter? She's a resident, I should have her on my service at some point."

"I'm just preparing you, A," Teddy holds her hands up in surrender, "You know with hers and Marks history."

"I'm fine, T. Mark was kinda a manwhore. He's dated and slept with a lot of people here. Including you," Angela points out.

"Oh, so you remember that I dated Mark Sloan but you can't remember my birthday?" Teddy calls after her best friend as she runs away, "How does that work?"

Laughing, Angela slows down as she makes her way to the plastic's labs. Opening the door, she sees Jackson and Mark, "And...you're sorry, but Jackson has no time to spend with her, okay?"

Angela snorts, sitting Mark's coffee in front of him and kissing his cheek before turning to his protege, "Hiding from your mother? Isn't that so...high school?"

Jackson goes to argue but the door opens to reveal Catherine Avery followed by a woman, "There you are."

"Dr. Avery," Mark greets, turning to face the woman.

"Dr. Sloan. How nice to see you again," Catherine turns to Angela, "Major Karev, you as well. Now move outta my way so I can see my boy," Mark and Angela are pushed aside so Catherine can hug Jackson, "You look skinny. Tell me you did not forget your tux."

"Tux?"

Catherine explains, "Jackson is my date for the Frontiers of Medicine Benefit tonight."

Angela smiles, "Oh, I'm going to that as well. I helped develop some plans and courses of action for the army so I got invited on their behalf."

The urologist smiles at her before gesturing to the woman who has been standing quietly, "Oh, this is Dr. Mara Keaton. Mara is my star urology fellow. Mara, my son Jackson. Dr. Mark Sloan. Major Angela Karev."

"It's a pleasure to meet you all," She says, a British accent showing itself.

"Pleasure to meet you," Angela smiles as Mark side eyes the Avery's.

"Mara's considering Seattle Grace as an option for next year, and I thought, well, who better to show her around than my son?" Catherine says, "Dr. Sloan, can you spare him for just a couple of hours?"

Mark fakes like he's gonna say no but nods, "Absolutely. Show her around. Take your time."

Angela nods, "That sounds like an excellent idea. Seattle Grace is a big hospital and we don't want Dr. Keaton getting lost."

"But...but we are busy with work," Jackson reminds him.

"Nonsense," Angela shakes her head, enjoying torturing a resident, "Mark has work that, frankly, he needs an intern's help with, not a fifth year resident."